Unofficial Rankings C

Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Re: Unofficial Rankings C

Post by Tailsfan101 »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: I don't have scores for Idaho; if you can send me the scores, the number of events run, and the number of teams in each division, then I can add that information and make everything (hopefully) more accurate.
I have the full results for B division, but not for C, but I do know that the HS team got 46 points, and Bishop Kelly got 78. As for the B division, TVHSOT got a final score of 133, 2nd place Fairmont got 163, and 3rd place St. Joseph's got 166.
Would you be able to estimate the number of teams and number of events? Just within a reasonable range.
For middle school, we had 36 teams and did all 23 events, but some of the teams finished last in every event due to being new to the competition and not studying nearly as hard as other teams. For high school, I know they had less, I think about 25-30 teams who competed in all 23 too.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
JoJoKeKe
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JoJoKeKe »

Tailsfan101 wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote: I have the full results for B division, but not for C, but I do know that the HS team got 46 points, and Bishop Kelly got 78. As for the B division, TVHSOT got a final score of 133, 2nd place Fairmont got 163, and 3rd place St. Joseph's got 166.
Would you be able to estimate the number of teams and number of events? Just within a reasonable range.
For middle school, we had 36 teams and did all 23 events, but some of the teams finished last in every event due to being new to the competition and not studying nearly as hard as other teams. For high school, I know they had less, I think about 25-30 teams who competed in all 23 too.
I have the full results for C. There are approximately 23 teams who were registered, but the event with the highest amount of teams was Forensics with 11. Most events had 8-9 teams competing in each event.

Homeschoolers had 13 or 14 first places and Bishop Kelly had 3.
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

JoJoKeKe wrote:
Tailsfan101 wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: Would you be able to estimate the number of teams and number of events? Just within a reasonable range.
I have the full results for C. There are approximately 23 teams who were registered, but the event with the highest amount of teams was Forensics with 11. Most events had 8-9 teams competing in each event.

Homeschoolers had 13 or 14 first places and Bishop Kelly had 3.
In B division, we had around 20 teams competing in each event. TVHSOT medaled in 12 events, getting gold in 6, and Fairmont medaled in 6, gold in 3.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

As per the above stats, I have adjusted the score inputs. This has moved Treasure Valley up to 42nd, pushing down University, Merrimack, and Mat-Su by one place each. I have also added in scores for Connecticut and Arizona, but these did not alter the rankings.

Also, I have placeholder scores for New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Iowa, South Dakota, Maine, Wyoming, and West Virginia, so if anyone has real scores for those let me know! Thanks! :)

1. Mira Loma
2. Harriton
3. Troy
4. Solon
5. LASA
6. Northville
7. Adlai E. Stevenson
8. Mounds View
9. Mentor
10. New Trier
11. Acton-Boxborough
12. William P. Clements
13. Munster
14. Fayetteville-Manlius
15. Bayard Rustin
16. Columbia
17. West Windsor-Plainsboro South
18. Boca Raton
19. Ladue Horton Watkins
20. Fossil Ridge
21. International Academy Central
22. Lincoln Southwest
23. Iolani
24. Chattahoochee
25. Charter School of Wilmington
26. Brookwood
27. Pembroke Hill
28. Medford
29. William G. Enloe
30. NC School of Science & Mathematics
31. DuPont Manual
32. Centennial
33. Archimedean
34. Fairfax
35. Barrington
36. Ed W. Clark
37. Auburn
38. Camas
39. Olathe North
40. Albuquerque Academy
41. Hopkins
42. Treasure Valley Home School
43. University
44. Merrimack
45. Mat-Su Career & Technical
46. Maple Mountain
47. Helena
48. Casady
49. Westview
50. Clinton
51. Mount Vernon
52. Bismarck
53. Yankton
54. White Station
55. St. Martin's Episcopal
56. Little Rock Central
57. Cathedral
58. Waterville
59. Kelly Walsh
60. Huntington
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Ashernoel
State: IL

Post by Ashernoel »

After beating Stevenson at state, why do you rank new trier 3 places below them???
NT '19
Harvard '23
antoine_ego
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by antoine_ego »

Ashernoel wrote:After beating Stevenson at state, why do you rank new trier 3 places below them???
I'm guessing it's because for the past 2 years NT has come ~7 places behind Stevenson.
Rest in Peace Len Joeris
[b]2016 Air Trajectory Nationals - 3rd
2018 Hovercraft Nationals - 6th
2018 Mousetrap Nationals - 6th
2018 Nationals - Team 9th Place!
2019 Astronomy Nationals - 3rd!
2019 Nationals - Team 9th Place!
[/b]
Acton-Boxborough Regional High School Captain 17-19
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by dcrxcode »

Ashernoel wrote:After beating Stevenson at state, why do you rank new trier 3 places below them???
East ranks them with some sort of *proprietary* ;) formula that (from what I know, please correct me if I'm wrong) factors in score differences from state this year and past score differences to spit out the rankings. Really cool stuff, but it wouldn't account for a one year change of NT beating Stevenson at state when Stevenson had won states the two years before and finished in the top 10 at nationals.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Essentially this. NT only won by 8 points, which is a very small difference. Thus, past history governs somewhat, and Stevenson is ranked ahead of NT. Personally, while I think it ranks Stevenson somewhat highly (they are actually closer to 4th than 8th as per the formula. I never said it was perfect...) I would also say that Stevenson is about 60% likely to place ahead of New Trier than not, just because there was so little separating them at states; they were, for most intents and purposes, equal at the tournament.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA

Post by bernard »

Prediction Contest is back! Send your submissions by Saturday morning before the tournament: viewtopic.php?f=231&t=10629&p=314235#p314235.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Ashernoel
State: IL

Post by Ashernoel »

its kinda crazy that last year East's formula predicted New treir to get 11th. they got 13ths by getting DQd in wright stuff and were <40 points off of 11th :0 and had mira loma winning, Stevenson 6th, so I trust it XD
I just hope we do better than it predicts lol
NT '19
Harvard '23

Return to “2017 Nationals”