Scioly.org Meetup Thread

chalker
Member
Member
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 9th, 2009, 7:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby chalker » April 21st, 2017, 4:48 pm

Unome wrote:
Ionizer wrote:
chalker wrote:Man.. all those people in that picture look like total poser science olympiad wannabees...

Chalker aren't you in that picture?

Sorry if this is a horrible question, but who's the one in gray?


Left to right: Peter Hung,Alex Chao, me, Matt Chalker

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3670
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Unome » April 21st, 2017, 4:58 pm

chalker wrote:
Unome wrote:
Ionizer wrote:Chalker aren't you in that picture?

Sorry if this is a horrible question, but who's the one in gray?


Left to right: Peter Hung,Alex Chao, me, Matt Chalker

Hmm he looks different than I remember (though the only other pictures I've seen were from years ago). I thought it might be him, but wasn't sure.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 575
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » April 28th, 2017, 5:47 pm

While we wait for Michigan State to see whether Grand Haven makes it, let's talk about location...

Looking at the 2013 thread (viewtopic.php?f=150&t=4621), they met in "Gate 3 of the Nutter Center Arena during the swap meet." Should we try this again (@chalker)? Someone mentioned the McLin gym seemed small in comparison to last year's swap; pictures on here http://www.nuttercenter.com/mclin_gym.aspx#3 don't look too bad, but if we don't have a table it could be difficult to advertise the meetup.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 575
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » May 2nd, 2017, 5:53 pm

chalker wrote:-McLin Gym will have 100+ round tables in it. Should be plenty of room for the swap meet. Tables won't be assigned. Teams can just camp out whereever.

We should claim a table for the scioly.org meetup. Since Grand Haven isn't going, anyone up for making a poster? *crickets* If no one else replies I'll attempt to make one myself.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3670
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Unome » May 2nd, 2017, 5:55 pm

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:
chalker wrote:-McLin Gym will have 100+ round tables in it. Should be plenty of room for the swap meet. Tables won't be assigned. Teams can just camp out whereever.

We should claim a table for the scioly.org meetup. Since Grand Haven isn't going, anyone up for making a poster? *crickets* If no one else replies I'll attempt to make one myself.

Ninja'ed lol. Perhaps something like the nearest table we can get to some specific part of the gym? (though that would require us knowing the gym layout)
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 575
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » May 2nd, 2017, 6:15 pm

So this:
Image
Is the best image of the McLin Gym I could find. I'll look later to see if those doors in the back of the image match up with any of the gates to the Nutter Center. From there we can position ourselves with something like "the table under the basketball hoop across from the entrance" or something of that nature.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

User avatar
Alicecream
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: April 5th, 2017, 2:56 pm
Division: B
State: AL
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Alicecream » May 12th, 2017, 6:14 am

Rip, I can't cosplay as Moon lol.
But I could wear Sun's hat (Male default player character)
Kermitting Sciolycide, also known as devoting all your life to this season's Science Olympiad.
__________________________________________________________________________________
A proud fandom trash
Mistake Mess..
Fictionsexual and proud.
Being Meguka is suffering.
A big Pokemon fan +_+

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 575
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » May 12th, 2017, 7:20 am

So as we (or maybe just me) never figured out where to meet or getting a poster, let's settle on:
The McLin Gym during the Swap Meet, outside the entrance of Gate 9 (the gate that connects the McLin Gym to the Nutter Center where the opening ceremony is held)
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3670
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Unome » May 12th, 2017, 8:12 am

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:So as we (or maybe just me) never figured out where to meet or getting a poster, let's settle on:
The McLin Gym during the Swap Meet, outside the entrance of Gate 9 (the gate that connects the McLin Gym to the Nutter Center where the opening ceremony is held)

Ok so you did figure out which Gate connects them then. I'll be there a little in the beginning and also toward the end for 15 minutes or so (need to get some t-shirts), and will try to bring a few people if possible.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Ashernoel
Member
Member
Posts: 330
Joined: January 27th, 2017, 1:31 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Scioly.org Meetup Thread

Postby Ashernoel » May 19th, 2017, 4:26 pm

Unome wrote:
Magikarpmaster629 wrote:So as we (or maybe just me) never figured out where to meet or getting a poster, let's settle on:
The McLin Gym during the Swap Meet, outside the entrance of Gate 9 (the gate that connects the McLin Gym to the Nutter Center where the opening ceremony is held)

Ok so you did figure out which Gate connects them then. I'll be there a little in the beginning and also toward the end for 15 minutes or so (need to get some t-shirts), and will try to bring a few people if possible.

We are Outside gate 10. Where is gate 9
NT 2019


Return to “2017 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest