2017 National Tournament: Wright State University

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: 2017 National Tournament: Wright State University

Post by Unome »

SSD_scioly wrote:Is there any information on whether or not there will be an Ultimate Frisbee tournament this year?
There will be an Ultimate Frisbee tournament whenever someone steps up to organize one ;)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SSD_scioly
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SSD_scioly »

Unome wrote:
SSD_scioly wrote:Is there any information on whether or not there will be an Ultimate Frisbee tournament this year?
There will be an Ultimate Frisbee tournament whenever someone steps up to organize one ;)
I'd be interested in helping to organize it, but this year is my first year going to Nationals so I don't know what the tournament is usually like.
WWP High School South (NJ) '17
Unome

Post by Unome »

SSD_scioly wrote:
Unome wrote:
I'd be interested in helping to organize it, but this year is my first year going to Nationals so I don't know what the tournament is usually like.
I honestly have no idea either. I think the most recent high-quality Ultimate tournament was organized by Z, he'll probably be on here soon.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

Unome wrote:
SSD_scioly wrote:
Unome wrote: There will be an Ultimate Frisbee tournament whenever someone steps up to organize one ;)
I honestly have no idea either. I think the most recent high-quality Ultimate tournament was organized by Z, he'll probably be on here soon.
Protip: Make sure that the campus map provided by Wright State is up to date.

When a friend and I tried organizing one in 2015, we thought we had a really good spot (big open field, relatively near events and stuff), until we looked on google maps a few days before we left and it was all a bunch of random buildings and parking lots. Turns out the map UN-Lincoln provided was almost 10 years old.
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

John Richardsim wrote:
Unome wrote:
SSD_scioly wrote:
Protip: Make sure that the campus map provided by Wright State is up to date.

When a friend and I tried organizing one in 2015, we thought we had a really good spot (big open field, relatively near events and stuff), until we looked on google maps a few days before we left and it was all a bunch of random buildings and parking lots. Turns out the map UN-Lincoln provided was almost 10 years old.
There are plenty of very large grass fields all around the campus, particularly in the 'front' between the Union and Col. Glenn Highway.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
JoJoKeKe
Division: C
State: ID

Post by JoJoKeKe »

Obviously this comes up quite frequently I'm sure, but an event conflict at Nationals has never come up for me. I'm not entirely sure our team will pull it together this year to attend the competition, but if you have an event conflict is it possible to arrange to go to this event with your partner during a different time slot? Just curious.

Thanks-
Tournaments (2016): State / Nationals
Fossils: 3 / 8
Disease: 7 / NA
Green Gen: NA / 37
Picture This: 1 / 17
Invasives: 1 / 24

Idaho State (2017):
Rocks - 2
Microbe 2
Ecology 3
Optics 4
Invasives: 1

Events 2019: Herpetology, Fossils, Dynamic Planet, Fermi Questions
John Richardsim
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

JoJoKeKe wrote:Obviously this comes up quite frequently I'm sure, but an event conflict at Nationals has never come up for me. I'm not entirely sure our team will pull it together this year to attend the competition, but if you have an event conflict is it possible to arrange to go to this event with your partner during a different time slot? Just curious.

Thanks-
I don't think they would allow that. If they did, the opportunity would have to be available to all teams. Additionally, they prepare for 10 teams per hour (e.g., some stations tests only have 10 stations). Obviously adding more teams to timeslots here and there would throw everything off.
Unome

Post by Unome »

Schedules posted (with room numbers)
Userpage

chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

JoJoKeKe wrote:Obviously this comes up quite frequently I'm sure, but an event conflict at Nationals has never come up for me. I'm not entirely sure our team will pull it together this year to attend the competition, but if you have an event conflict is it possible to arrange to go to this event with your partner during a different time slot? Just curious.

Thanks-
This is part of the reason we publish the National schedule in the rules manual at the start of the year. So everyone knows which events conflict with each other. We absolutely do NOT allow teams to switch time slots.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
kenniky
State: MA

Post by kenniky »

Unome wrote:Schedules posted (with room numbers)
No time to eat lunch and I have events straight from 10:45 to 3:30 FeelsBadMan
Automated Event Assigner!
UMich 2018: Chem Lab, Fermi

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kenniky-so-test]Rate my tests![/url]
[url]https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Kenniky[/url]

[url=https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10008&start=34]2017 Nats = rip[/url]
[url=https://youtu.be/MCo8IAovjfw]ABRHS 2016[/url]

Return to “2017 Nationals”