13. Ladue (MO)
14. Kraemer (CA)
15. Eagle Hill (NY)
16. Springhouse (PA)
17. Auburn (AL)
18. Dodgen (GA)
19. WW-P Community (NJ)
20. Hamilton (WI)
What, no Churchill :?: Kennedy does have a good shot, maybe more than good, but that's been the case every year and Churchill always pulls through. I'd like to hear your reasoning though.
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Unome »

Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote: Division B:
1. Meads Mill (MI)
2. Beckendorff (TX)
3. Solon (OH)
4. Daniel Wright (IL)
5. Kennedy (CA)
6. Magsig (OH)
7. Lakeshore (MI)
8. Science and Arts Academy (IL)
9. Piedmont (NC)
10. Longfellow (VA)
11. Paul J. Gelinas (NY)
12. Bala Cynwyd (PA)
13. Ladue (MO)
14. Kraemer (CA)
15. Eagle Hill (NY)
16. Springhouse (PA)
17. Auburn (AL)
18. Dodgen (GA)
19. WW-P Community (NJ)
20. Hamilton (WI)
What, no Churchill :?: Kennedy does have a good shot, maybe more than good, but that's been the case every year and Churchill always pulls through. I'd like to hear your reasoning though.
You picked Kennedy to talk about rather than my SAA or Bala Cynwyd predictions? :P I know Kennedy's history; that's why I said my predictions were longshot..
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Entomology
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0

Post by Entomology »

Unome wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote: Division B:
1. Meads Mill (MI)
2. Beckendorff (TX)
3. Solon (OH)
4. Daniel Wright (IL)
5. Kennedy (CA)
6. Magsig (OH)
7. Lakeshore (MI)
8. Science and Arts Academy (IL)
9. Piedmont (NC)
10. Longfellow (VA)
11. Paul J. Gelinas (NY)
12. Bala Cynwyd (PA)
13. Ladue (MO)
14. Kraemer (CA)
15. Eagle Hill (NY)
16. Springhouse (PA)
17. Auburn (AL)
18. Dodgen (GA)
19. WW-P Community (NJ)
20. Hamilton (WI)
You picked Kennedy to talk about rather than my SAA or Bala Cynwyd predictions? :P I know Kennedy's history; that's why I said my predictions were longshot..
Huh. California is going through a bit of a wild card year, maybe this is the year for Kennedy? I know they could compete at a national level and do well, competing against top schools kinda conditions you to work harder.
I don't know much about SAA so I'll skip that, but your Bala Cynwyd prediction wasn't that longshot. 17th to 12th is certainly doable, although putting them before springhouse...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ could go either way though.

Now;;;;;;lets talk about the fact that you picked kraemer as the div b SoCal champion... :oops:
(Although this is some good leverage to scare the students I'm coaching)
CCA '20 Captain
Unome

Post by Unome »

Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Huh. California is going through a bit of a wild card year, maybe this is the year for Kennedy? I know they could compete at a national level and do well, competing against top schools kinda conditions you to work harder.
I don't know much about SAA so I'll skip that, but your Bala Cynwyd prediction wasn't that longshot. 17th to 12th is certainly doable, although putting them before springhouse...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ could go either way though.

Now;;;;;;lets talk about the fact that you picked kraemer as the div b SoCal champion... :oops:
I actually don't consider my Kraemer pick longshot. They've shown no usual signs of impending dropoff.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Entomology
State: CA

Post by Entomology »

Unome wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote: You picked Kennedy to talk about rather than my SAA or Bala Cynwyd predictions? :P I know Kennedy's history; that's why I said my predictions were longshot..

I actually don't consider my Kraemer pick longshot. They've shown no usual signs of impending dropoff.
No usual signs? Competition hasn't even started yet but pls elaborate thx
CCA '20 Captain
daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote:
Entomology wrote:

Um, might say now that Piedmont isn't as dominant as it was before - scores a dropping. I think they lost a coach, too.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
Unome

Post by Unome »

daydreamer0023 wrote:
Entomology wrote:
Unome wrote: I actually don't consider my Kraemer pick longshot. They've shown no usual signs of impending dropoff.
Um, might say now that Piedmont isn't as dominant as it was before - scores a dropping. I think they lost a coach, too.
Actually their nationals score is almost the same as what they had in 2014 (when they placed 9th) and their state score is seriously messed up by an NC-only event. They may not be as good as they were in 2015, but I wouldn't quite say they're going downhill.

Edit: The usual signs being a large standard deviation in point scores, and an unsteady rise (which, as the 6th place in 2015 shows, is probably not happening). But as you said, we really don't know much until the season starts (in five weeks! omg)
Userpage

humanbeingofearth548
Been thanked: 0

Post by humanbeingofearth548 »

Division B
0. Muscatel (CA) :(
2014 Events: Wheeled Vehicle
2015 Events: Entomology, Experimental Design, Fossils, Picture This
2016 Events: Experimental Design, Fossils, Picture This, Scrambler
[NerdyTotoro]

Post by [NerdyTotoro] »

humanbeingofearth548 wrote:Division B
0. Muscatel (CA) :(
Nu bad representation.

1st. Muscatel (CA)

...their spirit and pride shall push all the best teams down to last.
:idea:
kenniky
State: MA

Post by kenniky »

Acton Boxborough 2015: 11th
Acton Boxborough 2016: 12th

Therefore,
Acton Boxborough 2017: 13th

;7
Automated Event Assigner!
UMich 2018: Chem Lab, Fermi

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kenniky-so-test]Rate my tests![/url]
[url]https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Kenniky[/url]

[url=https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10008&start=34]2017 Nats = rip[/url]
[url=https://youtu.be/MCo8IAovjfw]ABRHS 2016[/url]

Return to “2017 Nationals”