BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Scioly Team Of The Week (The Return!)

Post by BennyTheJett » May 3rd, 2021, 5:47 pm

Hello all!

Recently I have began working with Bernard on bringing back the Team of the Week, and I am here to announce its return! Team of the Week is a fun way for people to get to know some other teams around the nation as well as a fun way to give your team some publicity. Team of the Week is open to both divisions, B and C. If you would like to see your team make an appearance on the Team of the Week thread (which will be continued right here), please fill out the form attached to the bottom of this post! Additionally, I will add the teams to the Team of the Week Wikipage. The first team will be chosen and published this Saturday. If you have any questions or comments about anything, feel free to PM me or find me on the Scioly Discord (BennyTheJett1#3979).

Just so you all are aware, I will post the responses you send in the google form in a similar fashion to how you'd hear a news interview, much like the example below:

Question: What school are you nominating?
Answer: Dank Memes Area Homeschool

Link to the Google Form: https://forms.gle/pxwpbHQz8odCmyBx6
Link to Team of the Week Wikipage: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Sciol ... f_the_Week

Edit:
  • I've had some people contact me about whether or not they have to be a current member of the team they're nominating. While I don't have a problem with alumni nominating their former schools, if you're going to nominate a school you've never attended, please check with me first.
Last edited by BennyTheJett on May 3rd, 2021, 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post (total 10):
builderguy135 (May 3rd, 2021, 7:07 pm) • MorningCoffee (May 4th, 2021, 4:01 am) • bernard (May 4th, 2021, 10:01 am) • Nydauron (May 5th, 2021, 7:24 am) • donjuanpond (May 5th, 2021, 5:27 pm) • lumosityfan (May 5th, 2021, 7:10 pm) • gz839918 (May 6th, 2021, 4:56 pm) • AlfWeg (May 7th, 2021, 5:51 am) • kate! (May 7th, 2021, 7:09 am) • Booknerd (May 12th, 2021, 1:11 pm)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Team Of The Week (The Return!)

Post by BennyTheJett » May 8th, 2021, 8:36 pm

Alrighty! There were a lot of submissions turned in which I definitely appreciate! I will be going through them in the order that they were submitted (like a first come-first serve basis). That being said, let's meet this week's Team of the Week!

The team of the week is Cumberland Valley High School!
150px-Cvso - Logan Tokle.png
150px-Cvso - Logan Tokle.png (8.16 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Cumberland Valley High School is a Division C team that competes in the Central Regional of Pennsylvania. They have had a Science Olympiad team since about 1990.

Now for some of the questions:
Question 1: What are some recent achievements your team has made?
Answer: We were 1st at our Regional this year, and placed 3rd at State. In all, our different members across our 3 teams medalled about 630 times in 10 competitions.

Question 2: In a normal year, does your team attend any invitationals? If so, which ones?
Answer: We attend LISO, BAVF, Solon, SOAPS, and SOUP.

Question 3: What are some unique things about your team?
Answer: We host the Eagle Invitational annually. Our high school coach also coaches the team at Eagle View Middle School.

Nominated by LoganTokle123

Team of the Week nominations remain open! If you would like to nominate your team or a team you're familiar with, please fill out the Google Form linked below!
https://forms.gle/YfjPeT5dwf6Ke8oW6
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post (total 2):
Umaroth (May 8th, 2021, 9:15 pm) • twoplustwoisten (May 8th, 2021, 9:25 pm)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.

Return to “Announcements”