Pictures, Videos, and Scores

windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Pictures, Videos, and Scores

Post by windu34 »

Something I have learned from doing this event over the past year is that the fear of someone else copying your vehicle is unfounded and unlikely if not impossible. The most crucial part of any vehicle is not the mechanical design, it is the code. Pictures do not show code, therefore nobody should have any fear of someone else "copying" their vehicle. I encourage everyone to share pictures and videos and collaborate with others on any ideas and problems. To prove this point, here are pics of my vehicle thus far for this current year. Pics and videos of my vehicle from nationals can be found on youtube and the image gallery. Any feedback/questions on my vehicle are welcomed.
Attachments
EV2.jpg
EV1.jpg
Knee Scooter Fixed Front MK5-Model.jpg
Private Wang Fire
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pictures, Videos, and Scores

Post by Private Wang Fire »

windu34 wrote:Something I have learned from doing this event over the past year is that the fear of someone else copying your vehicle is unfounded and unlikely if not impossible. The most crucial part of any vehicle is not the mechanical design, it is the code. Pictures do not show code, therefore nobody should have any fear of someone else "copying" their vehicle. I encourage everyone to share pictures and videos and collaborate with others on any ideas and problems. To prove this point, here are pics of my vehicle thus far for this current year. Pics and videos of my vehicle from nationals can be found on youtube and the image gallery. Any feedback/questions on my vehicle are welcomed.
I like this attitude lol, and the confidence. I also have a question!

Is the wheel in the center a free-spinning wheel just used to track distance? Or does it have some function in turning the vehicle as well?

Your EV looks really good :shock:

Actually just thought of something else as well - what are the treads of your wheels made out of?
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

Private Wang Fire wrote:

Is the wheel in the center a free-spinning wheel just used to track distance? Or does it have some function in turning the vehicle as well?

Actually just thought of something else as well - what are the treads of your wheels made out of?
The center wheel is solely responsible for tracking distance
They are banebot wheels - not quite sure about the material
Private Wang Fire

windu34 wrote:
Private Wang Fire wrote:

I'm assuming your steering is dynamic; are you trying to run a smooth curve or making separate turns? I feel like a smooth curve is super hard to execute but goes faster. And what are you using the 5(?) nanos for?

I was thinking of using a fixed steering system, was going to run some numbers right now and see if the precision required is feasible or not for my level...
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

Private Wang Fire wrote:
windu34 wrote:
Private Wang Fire wrote:

I'm assuming your steering is dynamic; are you trying to run a smooth curve or making separate turns? I feel like a smooth curve is super hard to execute but goes faster. And what are you using the 5(?) nanos for?

I was thinking of using a fixed steering system, was going to run some numbers right now and see if the precision required is feasible or not for my level...
Smooth curve; nanos allow for separation of functions - one Arduino has neither enough memory nor enough RAM and speed to keep up with all the concatenation and signal processing
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Post by Bazinga+ »

Are you using one motor which is just connected to one wheel or do you have a motor for each wheel? From the picture it looks like the two back wheels are on independent axis, so is only one powering the vehicle or are both?
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

Bazinga+ wrote:Are you using one motor which is just connected to one wheel or do you have a motor for each wheel? From the picture it looks like the two back wheels are on independent axis, so is only one powering the vehicle or are both?
Two back wheels are not on a separate axis. They are attached to the motor and each other through a series of gears that includes a differential to allow for smooth turning
RJohnson
Division: C

Post by RJohnson »

Do you mind posting where you got that assembly or did you construct it?

Thanks
Private Wang Fire

RJohnson wrote:Do you mind posting where you got that assembly or did you construct it?

Thanks
Not windu, but 99.999% sure you can't get that from anywhere; he made it p sure
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

Private Wang Fire wrote:
RJohnson wrote:Do you mind posting where you got that assembly or did you construct it?

Thanks
Not windu, but 99.999% sure you can't get that from anywhere; he made it p sure
You are correct, I used carbon fiber rods and 3d printed parts to construct the chasis

Return to “Electric Vehicle C”