Pictures, Videos, and Scores

windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: Pictures, Videos, and Scores

Post by windu34 »

Bearing quality isn't that important because everything is motorized.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bazinga+ »

fn2187 wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:
fn2187 wrote:
Did you use the bearing blocks from the BaneBot website?
No, i believe that those are tetrix pillow bearing blocks.
Where would you recommend we should buy bearings from?
My bad, I meant actobotics pillow bearing blocks, not tetrix. You can buy it from them/servocity.
Innovation =/= success
GoldDigger

Post by GoldDigger »

Here is a video of my run at the SoCal State Tournament with a score of approx. -10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvF6egsQOEM
dcambrid
State: MI

Post by dcambrid »

A little information from the Michigan event, I know that at least the top 6 teams were negative. I watched the #6 team (Saline) and they scored approx. -2.5. Our team (I am the EV Coach) finished 9th with a +3.9. I am not sure what the 7 and 8 teams did. I also watched the #2 Team (Grand Haven) I was a ways across the gym, but I think there were probably close to -10, but I really couldn't tell how close they were to the target but it was <5 cm bonus around 20cm and time around 4. The most impressive part was that the car actively steered, it started straight, turned right, turned left through the cans, left again, then right at the target. I didn't think that was possible. I don't know the score for the #1 team (Troy), they must have built a new car for states because I saw them at two invitationals and they were scoring low teens (positive), and it was not a bonus capable vehicle.
4Head

Post by 4Head »

dcambrid wrote:A little information from the Michigan event, I know that at least the top 6 teams were negative. I watched the #6 team (Saline) and they scored approx. -2.5. Our team (I am the EV Coach) finished 9th with a +3.9. I am not sure what the 7 and 8 teams did. I also watched the #2 Team (Grand Haven) I was a ways across the gym, but I think there were probably close to -10, but I really couldn't tell how close they were to the target but it was <5 cm bonus around 20cm and time around 4. The most impressive part was that the car actively steered, it started straight, turned right, turned left through the cans, left again, then right at the target. I didn't think that was possible. I don't know the score for the #1 team (Troy), they must have built a new car for states because I saw them at two invitationals and they were scoring low teens (positive), and it was not a bonus capable vehicle.
Active steering is very possible, just hard to get right (which is what happened in my case). The fact that they were able to get double negative is really impressive as I struggled to get -5.
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

4Head wrote:
dcambrid wrote:A little information from the Michigan event, I know that at least the top 6 teams were negative. I watched the #6 team (Saline) and they scored approx. -2.5. Our team (I am the EV Coach) finished 9th with a +3.9. I am not sure what the 7 and 8 teams did. I also watched the #2 Team (Grand Haven) I was a ways across the gym, but I think there were probably close to -10, but I really couldn't tell how close they were to the target but it was <5 cm bonus around 20cm and time around 4. The most impressive part was that the car actively steered, it started straight, turned right, turned left through the cans, left again, then right at the target. I didn't think that was possible. I don't know the score for the #1 team (Troy), they must have built a new car for states because I saw them at two invitationals and they were scoring low teens (positive), and it was not a bonus capable vehicle.
Active steering is very possible, just hard to get right (which is what happened in my case). The fact that they were able to get double negative is really impressive as I struggled to get -5.
Its certainly possible, but it will never be able to get the accuracy of a well-tested and designed fixed steering vehicle as I learned first hand trying to build one this year.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
4Head

Post by 4Head »

windu34 wrote:
4Head wrote:
Its certainly possible, but it will never be able to get the accuracy of a well-tested and designed fixed steering vehicle as I learned first hand trying to build one this year.
Yup, I found that out too late :(
2019 Sounds of Music National Champion
Justin Zhang

Post by Justin Zhang »

Your assumption is correct. The last year's vehicle was utilized for invitationals. The new design was targeted for nationals. It is unfortunate that there will not be a chance to showcase its true capability.
dcambrid

Post by dcambrid »

Justin Zhang wrote:
Your assumption is correct. The last year's vehicle was utilized for invitationals. The new design was targeted for nationals. It is unfortunate that there will not be a chance to showcase its true capability.
We did the same, but unfortunately we ran out of testing time and never really perfected it. Congrats on a great season, too bad you guys won't be advancing to Nationals. I heard your Robot Arm was quite impressive as well. It was fun competing with you all year. So if you don't mind sharing, what was your score?
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

From twitter: Harriton got a score of -13.17, and they ended up getting 3rd place.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017

Return to “Electric Vehicle C”