scioly2345
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Building Methods 2.O

Post by scioly2345 »

So my coach mentioned to me something about some teams in my state who got the highest efficiencies making their own wood with a balsa stripper and using a 3D model to build on, can anyone give me any info tips or links on how to do any of this? :)
2016-2019 Brother Joseph Fox Latin School
2020-2022 Kellenberg Memorial High School
2022 events - Bridge, Write It Do It, Wright Stuff
God Bless and Rest In Peace Len Joeris (Balsa Man)
“for the betterment of science”
Balsa Man
Coach
Coach
Division: C
State: CO

Re: Building Methods 2.O

Post by Balsa Man »

scioly2345 wrote:So my coach mentioned to me something about some teams in my state who got the highest efficiencies making their own wood with a balsa stripper and using a 3D model to build on, can anyone give me any info tips or links on how to do any of this? :)
Yeah, read through what's been posted here. There's a lot of info about what you're wondering about, and other important things you probably haven't thought about. The compiled info here is, I believe, the most complete...anywhere.
Len Joeris
Fort Collins, CO
TheGeekyScientist
Division: B
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Re: Building Methods 2.O

Post by TheGeekyScientist »

scioly2345 wrote:So my coach mentioned to me something about some teams in my state who got the highest efficiencies making their own wood with a balsa stripper and using a 3D model to build on, can anyone give me any info tips or links on how to do any of this? :)
When I built a tower for Science Olympiad, I used a jig. I don't know about the balsa stripping because I ordered the wood from http://www.specializedbalsa.com/product ... eighed.php. Here's an example of a jig built by one of the students on my district's high school team
:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=9269&start=450

Return to “Towers B/C”