Confirmation for robot build specifications

Justinq
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Confirmation for robot build specifications

Post by Justinq »

I know what's said on here isn't official, but I still wanted to see if I could get some confirmation or corrections a few things:
1. You can have multiple arms on the bot
2. You can have multiple batteries (each within the voltage limit of course), an example being a usb power bank giving power to a micro controller, which controls relays to switch on and off dc motors, powered by a second set of batterie.
3. There's no limit to the number of dc motors or servos
4. The arm of the robot can extend outside the game perimeter, since it looks like that is a possibility with the corner stack of pennies.
Thanks!
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Confirmation for robot build specifications

Post by Bazinga+ »

Justinq wrote:I know what's said on here isn't official, but I still wanted to see if I could get some confirmation or corrections a few things:
1. You can have multiple arms on the bot
2. You can have multiple batteries (each within the voltage limit of course), an example being a usb power bank giving power to a micro controller, which controls relays to switch on and off dc motors, powered by a second set of batterie.
3. There's no limit to the number of dc motors or servos
4. The arm of the robot can extend outside the game perimeter, since it looks like that is a possibility with the corner stack of pennies.
Thanks!
I am quite sure all of those things are allowed as this was the case last year (various robots including my own had numerous arms and batteries, and the rules regarding that have not changed.) There is definately no limit on the motors and servos you can use in the rules so that aspect is unrestricted.
Nowhere in the rules does it say the run will end or the scoring element won't count if a scoring element touches outside the perimeter or any part of the robot leaves the perimeter (unlike last year) .
Innovation =/= success

Return to “Robot Arm C”