Robot Arm C

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Robot Arm C

Post by Unome »

RoboMarth wrote:
windu34 wrote:NY States Top 6 Robot Arm Raw Scores:
Any confirmation as to whether or not the top scoring Robot Arm team qualified for Nats? That score is highest at a competition I've seen all year. :o
I'm pretty sure that neither of the top two teams (at least) in Robot Arm qualified for Nationals, but that's just from memory from watching the livestream (using sketchy cell phone reception in the middle of nowhere), I might be remembering incorrectly.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Private Wang Fire
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Private Wang Fire »

Unome wrote:
RoboMarth wrote:
Any confirmation as to whether or not the top scoring Robot Arm team qualified for Nats? That score is highest at a competition I've seen all year. :o
I'm pretty sure that neither of the top two teams (at least) in Robot Arm qualified for Nationals, but that's just from memory from watching the livestream (using sketchy cell phone reception in the middle of nowhere), I might be remembering incorrectly.
I think you're right. The top team only placed in robot arm. Really a shame because that is an insane score :shock:
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Post by Bazinga+ »

Private Wang Fire wrote:
Unome wrote:
RoboMarth wrote:
I think you're right. The top team only placed in robot arm. Really a shame because that is an insane score :shock:
Here is a picture of their run: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kw17S ... yqx_FAcJiA
Innovation =/= success
RoboMarth

Post by RoboMarth »

Assuming all these are tails and they got the 10 bonus points, I count 9 in the center, 34 in the second ring, and 7 in the third ring, for a total of 736 points. Seems like they got a bit unlucky with a lot of the coins in the second ring, or didn't have enough time to adjust them.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Vye4 ... sp=sharing
colaboy82

Post by colaboy82 »

Just to confirm none of the top two teams from NY states made it to Nationals. I was second place and got 584. I usually get 762 with all tails in red and yellow but unfortunately I had a battery problem with some batteries being too low :cry:. Oh well Congrats to the school that beat me.
Townsend Harris
15-16
Regionals/States
EV 1/3
Robot Arm 1/42 ( :cry: tier 2)
Wright Stuff 1/4
Bridge Building 1/13
Game On -/17
16-17
Yale/Regionals/States
EV 14/1/4
Robot Arm 4/1/2
Helicopters -/2/3
Game On 20/8/10
17-18
Islip/Regionals/States
Mousetrap Vehicle 3/1/
Game On 19/8/
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

colaboy82 wrote:Just to confirm none of the top two teams from NY states made it to Nationals. I was second place and got 584. I usually get 762 with all tails in red and yellow but unfortunately I had a battery problem with some batteries being too low :cry:. Oh well Congrats to the school that beat me.
Would you be interested in posting pictures of your device? (assuming that you will not be attending nationals) I'm sure many of us would be interested to see it
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Private Wang Fire

Post by Private Wang Fire »

RoboMarth wrote:Assuming all these are tails and they got the 10 bonus points, I count 9 in the center, 34 in the second ring, and 7 in the third ring, for a total of 736 points. Seems like they got a bit unlucky with a lot of the coins in the second ring, or didn't have enough time to adjust them.

What type of arm is that? It doesn't look like anything I've seen, does it unfold to some type of Cartesian/3D printer type device?
MASON HIGH SCHOOL '18
jonmui28

Post by jonmui28 »

Thanks! Congrats to Ardsley for winning the whole thing, that's an insane score. Kinda bummed that I could have done well, but oh well. Thanks again for posting the scores!
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

jonmui28 wrote:
Thanks! Congrats to Ardsley for winning the whole thing, that's an insane score. Kinda bummed that I could have done well, but oh well. Thanks again for posting the scores!
No problem
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

Private Wang Fire wrote:
RoboMarth wrote:Assuming all these are tails and they got the 10 bonus points, I count 9 in the center, 34 in the second ring, and 7 in the third ring, for a total of 736 points. Seems like they got a bit unlucky with a lot of the coins in the second ring, or didn't have enough time to adjust them.

What type of arm is that? It doesn't look like anything I've seen, does it unfold to some type of Cartesian/3D printer type device?
It comes down and has rotational movement as well as lengthwise movement along the bar that comes down. The arm then collects the stacks and shoots the pennies into a semi circle template the size of the second ring. Then it moves the semicircle up and does this for all 5 stacks eventually getting them nicely packed within the second circle.
Innovation =/= success

Return to “Robot Arm C”