Robot Arm C

windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: Robot Arm C

Post by windu34 »

meierfra wrote:Moving the arm outside the field area should not be a problem as long as the "foot" stays in. I can't imagine someone setting up the field right next to a wall. But don't count on being able to move pennies outside the field. Sometimes the field is set up on a table, and then the only thing outside the field is a big drop off.
Makes it a lot less stressful though, especially with the south-west stack
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
parasaurolophus
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by parasaurolophus »

Bazinga+ wrote: I wouldn't.... :cry:
Haha hey man, it's just an invitational. If it was regionals or something I'd probably not be okay. But let's stay positive
2017 MI State Champion of Chemistry Lab
2016 MI State Champion of Fossils

Past events: Chemistry Lab, Electric Vehicle, Materials Science, Robot Arm, Bridge Building, Fossils, Disease Detectives

Proud 2016-2017 Co-Captain of the IA Central Gnomes
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

I was looking into using this claw for my robot, but the servo in the image has been discontinued. Does anyone know of similar claws or if it's possible to use other servos in this one? Thank you.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

maxxxxx wrote:I was looking into using this claw for my robot, but the servo in the image has been discontinued. Does anyone know of similar claws or if it's possible to use other servos in this one? Thank you.
That claw doesn't look very good for picking up pennies....
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

windu34 wrote:
maxxxxx wrote:I was looking into using this claw for my robot, but the servo in the image has been discontinued. Does anyone know of similar claws or if it's possible to use other servos in this one? Thank you.
That claw doesn't look very good for picking up pennies....
We would be making modifications, of course. The main draw was that one side of the claw would remain still which help prevent us from dropping or knocking over any pennies, but you made me realize that there are better ways to modify our current claw than what I had thought of earlier, so thanks for making me rethink this purchase :D.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
parasaurolophus

Am I allowed to ask you guys what some competitive scores are that you've seen? We've done some testing and don't know how to feel haha

Past events: Chemistry Lab, Electric Vehicle, Materials Science, Robot Arm, Bridge Building, Fossils, Disease Detectives

Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by Bazinga+ »

parasaurolophus wrote:Am I allowed to ask you guys what some competitive scores are that you've seen? We've done some testing and don't know how to feel haha
So far the highest score I've seen was 3 penny stacks all tails, 4 in the smallest circle, rest in the second smallest circle.
I'm personally going for perfect score by MIT but not sure whether I'll be able to finish in time.

I would say being able to clear a couple stacks and place those pennies tails up is competitive at this point in the season.
Innovation =/= success
parasaurolophus

Bazinga+ wrote:
parasaurolophus wrote:Am I allowed to ask you guys what some competitive scores are that you've seen? We've done some testing and don't know how to feel haha
So far the highest score I've seen was 3 penny stacks all tails, 4 in the smallest circle, rest in the second smallest circle.
I'm personally going for perfect score by MIT but not sure whether I'll be able to finish in time.

I would say being able to clear a couple stacks and place those pennies tails up is competitive at this point in the season.
So what numerical final score is competitive?

windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

parasaurolophus wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:

So what numerical final score is competitive?
That's dependent on how the pennies are being scored (regionals, states, nats). Its much easier to compare scores by comparing num of pennies in each circle and whether they are tails/heads up
Bluejet1179
State: NY

Post by Bluejet1179 »

Can a servo with a voltage range from 4.8v-6v be safely run at 7.4v?

Return to “Robot Arm C”