Robot Arm C

Complexity
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Robot Arm C

Post by Complexity »

Hello, I have been placed in the event Robot arm for my invite next week. All I have is an nxt2.0, so is it possible for me to make anything that could possibly reach a stack or two? I don't want to embarrass my team and turn out empty handed. I have been searching online for designs, but none that would work in robot arm with a 2.0

I saw a team get 60 points with a claw that they dragged across the ground, and it pulled 2 stacks to the center
Bluejet1179
State: NY

Post by Bluejet1179 »

So I need help with an issue. I currently have as a power source 2 7.2v NiMH batteries. I bought a voltage regulator mentioned before in the forum. I am trying to run a hitec 805bb servo at 6v. There seems to be barely any current going to the servo from the regulator. I put the batteries in series and parallel into the voltage regulator to test it and neither worked. I did plug it in directly breilfy to one of the batteries and it worked flawlessly. What am I doing wrong?
Bob_117
State: TN

Post by Bob_117 »

Bluejet1179 wrote:So I need help with an issue. I currently have as a power source 2 7.2v NiMH batteries. I bought a voltage regulator mentioned before in the forum. I am trying to run a hitec 805bb servo at 6v. There seems to be barely any current going to the servo from the regulator. I put the batteries in series and parallel into the voltage regulator to test it and neither worked. I did plug it in directly breilfy to one of the batteries and it worked flawlessly. What am I doing wrong?
First off have you tried adjusting the potentiometer on the on the regulator? And why do you need 2 batteries, seems like overkill to me. As long as you are not maxing out the servos the 7.2v shouldn't really be to bad, maybe? Last year we ran our arm off of a 6v pack like this one:https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-rec ... -nimh.html. They are less than 10 bucks and have plenty of power for something like this.
There is nothing like the last minute rush to get your cheatsheets organized the night before the big day :D

"I don't believe in luck, I believe in skill or the lack thereof." - Me
Bluejet1179

Post by Bluejet1179 »

I did turn it to 6 volts. It's only the 805bb that doesn't work. I have mg995s that work. When the 805bb runs it barely draws any current.
Jdoglloyd

Post by Jdoglloyd »

Hey guys,

My partner and I bought a Lynxmotion arm complete with servos, circuit board, and everything. We bought a wrist rotate attachment to go with it, so would that count as a "modification?" Also, would you think that a wrist rotate is enough to flip a few stacks over, or are there any more efficient mechanisms to turn the pennies tail side up? At the moment, I was thinking about transporting penny stacks in bulk by picking them up at the bottom and then knocking them over in the middle of the target, but I'm not sure if that's efficient enough.

Thanks.
I lik that
RJohnson
State: OH

Post by RJohnson »

Bluejet1179 wrote:I did turn it to 6 volts. It's only the 805bb that doesn't work. I have mg995s that work. When the 805bb runs it barely draws any current.
Did you establish common ground with the control board? This affects some servos more than others..
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

Jdoglloyd wrote:Hey guys,

My partner and I bought a Lynxmotion arm complete with servos, circuit board, and everything. We bought a wrist rotate attachment to go with it, so would that count as a "modification?" Also, would you think that a wrist rotate is enough to flip a few stacks over, or are there any more efficient mechanisms to turn the pennies tail side up? At the moment, I was thinking about transporting penny stacks in bulk by picking them up at the bottom and then knocking them over in the middle of the target, but I'm not sure if that's efficient enough.

Thanks.
Yes. I would agree that would be the best method.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Bluejet1179

Post by Bluejet1179 »

RJohnson wrote:
Bluejet1179 wrote:I did turn it to 6 volts. It's only the 805bb that doesn't work. I have mg995s that work. When the 805bb runs it barely draws any current.
Did you establish common ground with the control board? This affects some servos more than others..
Yeah I did it kinda runs but it barely has torque. It acts like it has no current. I measured current going to the servo and it was like 0.05mA which is not enough obviously.
Right now I have the batteries in parallel going into the regulator and coming out of the regulator is the wires going to the servo directly. The ground wire also connects to the Arduino ground. The Arduino is currently powered by my laptop.
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

Bluejet1179 wrote:
RJohnson wrote:
Yeah I did it kinda runs but it barely has torque. It acts like it has no current. I measured current going to the servo and it was like 0.05mA which is not enough obviously.
Right now I have the batteries in parallel going into the regulator and coming out of the regulator is the wires going to the servo directly. The ground wire also connects to the Arduino ground. The Arduino is currently powered by my laptop.
You are certain you set the regulator correctly? Did you measure the output of voltage and current from it?
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Jdoglloyd

Post by Jdoglloyd »

windu34 wrote:
Jdoglloyd wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks.
Yes. I would agree that would be the best method.
Thanks so much for your help
I lik that

Return to “Robot Arm C”