Scoring

ernestbnh
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scoring

Post by ernestbnh »

How is the run time scored? Rule 5i only states that, "The Run Time is recorded in seconds to the precision of the timing device used", but it doesn't tell me if it is 1 point per second or 10? The value of this segment will determine what benefit there is to going faster. If its 1 point there is almost no benefit, but if its 10 then there is a much higher benefit.
beaverkid
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scoring

Post by beaverkid »

I think you just add them up since 6.a. says Run Score = Distance Score + Run Time + Penalties
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

There is no multiplier. 1 point per second.

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
SPP SciO
Division: B
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by SPP SciO »

That competition violation penalty (+1000 points!) for the wheels of the vehicle touching the track boundary tape is going to be heartbreaking for so many teams this year I'm assuming. You could have a near perfect run, but one mm into the tape, and the run is essentially nullified. I'd hate to be the ES who has to make that call - it's like being a line judge at the US Open. I'm sure that most of the violations are pretty flagrant, but with these vehicles curving around the bucket, the slightest touch of the tape will be tough to catch.
Coach
MS 821 Sunset Park Prep
http://www.sppscio.com

Return to “Scrambler B”