kendreaditya
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scrambler B

Post by kendreaditya »

Is it hard to make 3D files?
Last edited by kendreaditya on November 16th, 2016, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

kendreaditya wrote:Can I just have the sketch file for the rear axle, its hard for me to make it from inventor. Please can i have the rear axle file! :? :) :geek: :geek:
bernard wrote:No, if you want to print part of your ETV, you will need to make the designs yourself otherwise it is not your work.
Also, please reference the Building and Tools Policy on the national website: https://www.soinc.org/building_tools_policy.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Mp3nguin__
State: UT

Post by Mp3nguin__ »

At the starting line are you allowed to put your scrambler launcher and/or ETV at an angle, or does it have to be straight? Thanks!
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Mp3nguin__ wrote:At the starting line are you allowed to put your scrambler launcher and/or ETV at an angle, or does it have to be straight? Thanks!
See 2.a. and 5.e.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by dragonfruit35 »

kendreaditya wrote:Is it hard to make 3D files?
You'll need some kind of CAD software (I recommend Tinkercad for beginners). CAD can be challenging at first but if you have a clear design of what you want to do it's not too bad. Make sure you keep track of your dimensions, etc., and it should turn out fine. :)
kendreaditya

Post by kendreaditya »

How could I align my car this year, cause the car doesn't go straight anymore? I was thing to just have visual ads, like "eye-it", but thats not that accurate! :D :?:
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dragonfruit35 »

kendreaditya wrote:How could I align my car this year, cause the car doesn't go straight anymore? I was thing to just have visual ads, like "eye-it", but thats not that accurate! :D :?:
Well, it's possible to go that route, but you really need to experiment with what works best for you.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

kendreaditya wrote:How could I align my car this year, cause the car doesn't go straight anymore? I was thing to just have visual ads, like "eye-it", but thats not that accurate! :D :?:
Generally (or so I've heard from others) you build the car to turn slightly as it runs, and then test different angles to see what distances it intersects the midline at for each angle.
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dragonfruit35 »

Unome wrote:
Generally (or so I've heard from others) you build the car to turn slightly as it runs, and then test different angles to see what distances it intersects the midline at for each angle.
Yep, this is basically what we used. It does entail a lot of experimentation, as you have to determine what works for your car (which is mostly what I meant by my previous comment, sorry if it was unclear). :)
kendreaditya

Post by kendreaditya »

dragon_fruit35 wrote:
Unome wrote:
Yep, this is basically what we used. It does entail a lot of experimentation, as you have to determine what works for your car (which is mostly what I meant by my previous comment, sorry if it was unclear). :)
No its ok, I at least understood. But is there any other ways. How are you aligning your car? Right now I have 2 pieces of wood going horizontally across my System with both have a line marked on it in the middle!

Return to “Scrambler B”