Bottle Rocket B

abby1kanobe
Division: B
State: TN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bottle Rocket B

Post by abby1kanobe »

Zioly wrote:Anyone happen to remember their times and tier from Saturday? I was caught up in an appeal, so I didn't get to ask about my time. Tier 1 in the end though. :)
10.45 1st Rocket
12.44 2nd Rocket

3rd place Overall

Bearden Middle School
Zioly
State: WA

Post by Zioly »

abby1kanobe wrote:
Zioly wrote:Anyone happen to remember their times and tier from Saturday? I was caught up in an appeal, so I didn't get to ask about my time. Tier 1 in the end though. :)
10.45 1st Rocket
12.44 2nd Rocket

3rd place Overall

Bearden Middle School
Huh, my rockets must've only flown 10 seconds each then... I'm surprised. Were those times normal for your rockets? Mine were flying high thirteens in Washington.

EDIT: 5th place
Bottle Rockets: 5th
Ecology: 9th
Hovercraft: 14th
Scrambler: 29th (with a failed run too  ;))
Mousetrap Vehicle
Hovercraft
Ecology
Experimental Design (or other inquiry :P)

...Yes, my profile picture is G2 apEX at the PGL Major Qual.  :lol:
Trohans
State: IL

Post by Trohans »

I feel like the timing was low for all teams. We averaged high elevens and twelves in practice and that is what we got on our timers, but our official times were 10.94 and 9.44, landing us tenth place. I was also wondering how much pressure was put in, because the event supervisor just put pressure in until he launched the rockets. We had basically identical rockets to Zioly's and ended up many place lower.
abby1kanobe
State: TN

Post by abby1kanobe »

Zioly wrote:
abby1kanobe wrote:
10.45 1st Rocket
12.44 2nd Rocket

3rd place Overall

Bearden Middle School
Huh, my rockets must've only flown 10 seconds each then... I'm surprised. Were those times normal for your rockets? Mine were flying high thirteens in Washington.

We averaged 11.50 seconds the week before with a top time of 14.5 seconds. All dependent on if the wind caught the rocket just at the right time. Our better rocket from trials actually was our lower scoring rocket. So the wind grabbed one and not the other.
NeBH
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by NeBH »

~6 seconds each rocket. Tier 3.
:(
Zioly
State: WA

Post by Zioly »

abby1kanobe wrote:
Zioly wrote:
abby1kanobe wrote:
10.45 1st Rocket
12.44 2nd Rocket

3rd place Overall

Bearden Middle School

We averaged 11.50 seconds the week before with a top time of 14.5 seconds. All dependent on if the wind caught the rocket just at the right time. Our better rocket from trials actually was our lower scoring rocket. So the wind grabbed one and not the other.
Darn. Then the +20% humidity must've really killed my rockets because I was averaging high 13s in WA... oh well.
Bottle Rockets: 5th
Ecology: 9th
Hovercraft: 14th
Scrambler: 29th (with a failed run too  ;))
Mousetrap Vehicle
Hovercraft
Ecology
Experimental Design (or other inquiry :P)

...Yes, my profile picture is G2 apEX at the PGL Major Qual.  :lol:

Return to “Bottle Rocket B”