Youtube Channel

MadCow2357
Division: B
State: RI

Youtube Channel

Postby MadCow2357 » February 28th, 2019, 5:11 pm

So I was rewatching windu's vehicle events video (for like the 10th time lol), and I realized that the length and in-depthness of the video could possibly "scare" many people away from watching it. At first sight, the 1 hour and 1 minute was quite a shock, at least to me. The thought occurred to me that perhaps more people would be able to appreciate the content if it was split into many short videos based on topic, perhaps 3 to 5 minutes long each. This way, I believe more people would watch the videos, since they would be able to easily pick videos on topics that they were specifically inquiring about. The individual segments could be compiled into one or two playlists, for organization's sake. Additionally, making the whole thing playlists full of short segments would result in more more large advantage: the addition of new segments. windu talks a lot about some other EVs built by notable competitors, and friends of his, and his analyses are very helpful. However, newer faces are popping up every year - and with them - new, innovative, extremely competitive vehicles. With the implementation of playlists, people who were willing would be able to showcase and explain their own vehicles. I propose two playlists: The first would be for theory and design, including segments about materials, chassis, over/understeer, sighting, wheels, etc. The second would be for notable competitors' devices, like the EVs of windu, Nestor, Markus Williams, David Yang, etc.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Projected 2020 Events: Boomilever, Gravity Vehicle
Considering: Fossils, Machines, Wright Stuff
Builder Cult - builders rise up! :)
Dank Memes Area Homeschool
#BalsaManForever

windu34
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: Youtube Channel

Postby windu34 » March 3rd, 2019, 9:23 pm

MadCow2357 wrote:So I was rewatching windu's vehicle events video (for like the 10th time lol), and I realized that the length and in-depthness of the video could possibly "scare" many people away from watching it. At first sight, the 1 hour and 1 minute was quite a shock, at least to me. The thought occurred to me that perhaps more people would be able to appreciate the content if it was split into many short videos based on topic, perhaps 3 to 5 minutes long each. This way, I believe more people would watch the videos, since they would be able to easily pick videos on topics that they were specifically inquiring about. The individual segments could be compiled into one or two playlists, for organization's sake. Additionally, making the whole thing playlists full of short segments would result in more more large advantage: the addition of new segments. windu talks a lot about some other EVs built by notable competitors, and friends of his, and his analyses are very helpful. However, newer faces are popping up every year - and with them - new, innovative, extremely competitive vehicles. With the implementation of playlists, people who were willing would be able to showcase and explain their own vehicles. I propose two playlists: The first would be for theory and design, including segments about materials, chassis, over/understeer, sighting, wheels, etc. The second would be for notable competitors' devices, like the EVs of windu, Nestor, Markus Williams, David Yang, etc.

This is a great idea and you are totally right. The problem lies in the fact that I struggled to find the time just to make the ppt and record that single video - I would simply not be able to find the time to create an entire video series. Additionally, my knowledge of MTV and BB is much more limited - I did not compete in these events, and I find it inaccurate to proclaim myself knowledgable enough in these events to create new events.
I do plan to work on a Robot Arm version in anticipation of next year over the summer. I will take your feedback into consideration, but it is likely I will do a similar long-form video. I will def try to make the beginning of the video more approachable and broad before I start to get more specific.
President of Science Olympiad at the University of Florida || Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
kevin@floridascienceolympiad.org
windu34's Userpage

Event Supervisor for 2019:
MIT - Mission Possible
Harvard - Sounds of Music
Princeton - Herpetology
Nationals - Circuit Lab

MadCow2357
Division: B
State: RI

Re: Youtube Channel

Postby MadCow2357 » March 3rd, 2019, 9:35 pm

windu34 wrote:This is a great idea and you are totally right. The problem lies in the fact that I struggled to find the time just to make the ppt and record that single video - I would simply not be able to find the time to create an entire video series. Additionally, my knowledge of MTV and BB is much more limited - I did not compete in these events, and I find it inaccurate to proclaim myself knowledgable enough in these events to create new events.
I do plan to work on a Robot Arm version in anticipation of next year over the summer. I will take your feedback into consideration, but it is likely I will do a similar long-form video. I will def try to make the beginning of the video more approachable and broad before I start to get more specific.

With the way you recorded the entire thing, I think it would be possible to separate the video into many small segments with a video editor, so you would not have to rerecord it. In the summer, I'll probably be starting a scioly.org project of my own as well as my SSSS submission, so I could help with editing or even rerecording some segments.

On an unrelated note, is it pretty much confirmed that Robot Arm is coming back next year?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Projected 2020 Events: Boomilever, Gravity Vehicle
Considering: Fossils, Machines, Wright Stuff
Builder Cult - builders rise up! :)
Dank Memes Area Homeschool
#BalsaManForever

Return to “Feedback”