EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: New test exchange

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Random Human wrote:Lots of people don't want to have their test released publicly but like to access more tests to benefit themselves with. The idea is to make sure people contribute something to get something in return....
Unfortunately, this goes against basic tenets of this site. This site is based upon the free exchange of information and ideas for the benefit of other fellow students, rather than the private exchange of information to benefit only select individuals. We will not be implementing a site-based mechanism that aids in the private exchange of tests of other resources.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
WhatScience?
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WhatScience? »

I think we should just have everyone interested write their events in their signature and we can do trades through e-mail using scioly pm. This way we can communicate once to share our e-mail addresses on scioly (which I am pretty sure is allowed. We are just sharing e-mail) and then we can create a google hangout or something to communicate from their.
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

WhatScience? wrote:I think we should just have everyone interested write their events in their signature and we can do trades through e-mail using scioly pm. This way we can communicate once to share our e-mail addresses on scioly (which I am pretty sure is allowed. We are just sharing e-mail) and then we can create a google hangout or something to communicate from thereg.
Just as East said,
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:This site is based upon the free exchange of information and ideas for the benefit of other fellow students, rather than the private exchange of information to benefit only select individuals. We will not be implementing a site-based mechanism that aids in the private exchange of tests of other resources.
Many people already leave their events in their username. However, leaving their events with the sole intent of looking for trades just goes against the ideas that this site was founded upon and all. There are plenty of places to trade tests (i.e. Facebook) but Scioly.org just isn't one of them.
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
Random Human

Post by Random Human »

NeilMehta wrote:
WhatScience? wrote:I think we should just have everyone interested write their events in their signature and we can do trades through e-mail using scioly pm. This way we can communicate once to share our e-mail addresses on scioly (which I am pretty sure is allowed. We are just sharing e-mail) and then we can create a google hangout or something to communicate from thereg.
Just as East said,
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:This site is based upon the free exchange of information and ideas for the benefit of other fellow students, rather than the private exchange of information to benefit only select individuals. We will not be implementing a site-based mechanism that aids in the private exchange of tests of other resources.
Many people already leave their events in their username. However, leaving their events with the sole intent of looking for trades just goes against the ideas that this site was founded upon and all. There are plenty of places to trade tests (i.e. Facebook) but Scioly.org just isn't one of them.
Hi everyone. Here it is http://sciolytestexchange.freeforums.net/
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
This is not meant to compete with the test exchange on this website in any way. Extra contributions and material I receive will directly go to the test exchange on this website.

Thanks
Last edited by bernard on October 26th, 2017, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed wording that may be incorrectly interpreted as endorsement by Scioly.org of mentioned product.
Random Human - Proud (former) Science Olympian. 2015-2017
Writer of Doers
Dynamic Planet
Breaker of Towers: 16-17 Season Peak Score - 3220
Len Joeris all the way. Remember Len.

Return to “Feedback”