Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Re: How Could We Improve Scioly.org?

Post by Froggie »

WhatScience? wrote:
Unome wrote:I'm pretty sure all of these notifications things can already be done by subscribing to threads and using the email option.
can you post a step-by-step for that..pls
Click the little tool thing at the bottom of a topic and click subscribe or bookmark and you'll get an email if you go into your account notifications settings and click recieve emails from subscribed/bookmarked topics (something like that).
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by pb5754 »

antoine_ego wrote:
Froggie wrote:
antoine_ego wrote:An upvote feature to show appreciation of exemplary posts.
Like a like button?
Yeah
i wanna upvote this :P
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
WhatScience?
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WhatScience? »

pb5754[] wrote:
antoine_ego wrote:
Froggie wrote: Like a like button?
Yeah
i wanna upvote this :P

Code: Select all

[vote]^^^[/vote]
zannash
State: IN

Post by zannash »

An upvote feature. Yeah that sounds cool!!!!
c0c05w311y
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by c0c05w311y »

As much as I enjoy Reddit and such, I don't think Scioly.org needs upvotes. There aren't that many posts in comparison to other online forums so its pretty easy to keep track of everything without sorting by upvotes, and a lot of posts are in reply to each other (and therefore dependent on ordering by recency). I guess if there was an upvote feature but the default post sorting was still by recency that could work, but I really don't think it would improve the forum much.
WhatScience?

Post by WhatScience? »

c0c05w311y wrote:As much as I enjoy Reddit and such, I don't think Scioly.org needs upvotes. There aren't that many posts in comparison to other online forums so its pretty easy to keep track of everything without sorting by upvotes, and a lot of posts are in reply to each other (and therefore dependent on ordering by recency). I guess if there was an upvote feature but the default post sorting was still by recency that could work, but I really don't think it would improve the forum much.
downvote
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

WhatScience? wrote:
c0c05w311y wrote:As much as I enjoy Reddit and such, I don't think Scioly.org needs upvotes. There aren't that many posts in comparison to other online forums so its pretty easy to keep track of everything without sorting by upvotes, and a lot of posts are in reply to each other (and therefore dependent on ordering by recency). I guess if there was an upvote feature but the default post sorting was still by recency that could work, but I really don't think it would improve the forum much.
downvote

Code: Select all

[vote]↓↓↓[/vote]
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
antoine_ego
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by antoine_ego »

I'd love to have some infinite scroll feature in a thread, so I wouldn't have to constantly switch between pages.
Rest in Peace Len Joeris
[b]2016 Air Trajectory Nationals - 3rd
2018 Hovercraft Nationals - 6th
2018 Mousetrap Nationals - 6th
2018 Nationals - Team 9th Place!
2019 Astronomy Nationals - 3rd!
2019 Nationals - Team 9th Place!
[/b]
Acton-Boxborough Regional High School Captain 17-19
WhatScience?

Post by WhatScience? »

antoine_ego wrote:I'd love to have some infinite scroll feature in a thread, so I wouldn't have to constantly switch between pages.
stahp it....get some help
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

At least for towers, there is a HUGE thread... full of information. Like the info present if someone just took the time to read through it would have placed at MIT. Far too often there will be new topics and threads asking questions that have been discussed thoroughly and just really waste space. Maybe have a pinned topic or some sort of preview before accessing the thread to that and asking: "Could your question be answered? Please read through here first!" could solve some of the issues.

The threads for nearly all events are extraordinarily cluttered and maybe assigning an event moderator would be helpful (you would need multiple for towers...) could help organize threads and combine some and lock useless ones.

And yes. Upvotes would be nice. And a mobile app. And updated aesthetics that have more pleasing colors. But only so much can happen.

Just my two cents.
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman

Return to “Feedback”