WhatScience?
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Make Uploading to the test Exchange easier

Post by WhatScience? »

Hello,
So, about 3 minutes ago, I tried to upload an entire set of tests to the test exchange.

They told me that the file type .zip is not supported.

They also said the max file size is 2mb which means I would have to upload one or two events at a time.

Please make this easier...all my tests are .zip (all on google drive and google drive makes them zip when you download them)

People have convinced me to help but there is no way I can dedicate a couple hours to finding a converter, converting .zip files one by one, and then uploading them one by one.

I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem. This will ultimately be better for the community.

From,
WhatScience?
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Make Uploading to the test Exchange easier

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

This is a problem that we as an administrative team have talked about. I believe bernard is working on a direct upload to the new test page, where multiple files can be uploaded at once, though he would be able to give you a better estimate.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
WhatScience?
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WhatScience? »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:This is a problem that we as an administrative team have talked about. I believe bernard is working on a direct upload to the new test page, where multiple files can be uploaded at once, though he would be able to give you a better estimate.
Thanks a ton East...will upload tests for sure as soon as this comes out
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

WhatScience? wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:This is a problem that we as an administrative team have talked about. I believe bernard is working on a direct upload to the new test page, where multiple files can be uploaded at once, though he would be able to give you a better estimate.
Thanks a ton East...will upload tests for sure as soon as this comes out
I think Google Drive has an extractor for zip files.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

In an effort to try to facilitate the sharing of online test sets by our userbase, there is now a section on the wiki Test Exchange for users to submit links to full test sets. Currently, we do not have any sort of automated validation process for 2018 tests, so only tests from 2017 and before can be added directly to the wiki. If you have 2018 test sets, with permission from the tournament director to upload them, please PM me or one of the other various global or wiki moderators so that we may upload them for you. After nationals is over, 2018 test sets may be contributed in the same manner as test sets from 2017 and before.

This is not necessarily what will be used as the permanent solution, but it is functional for the time being to at least allow test sets to be posted in a central location with clear disclaimers and a specified takedown process.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Due to the completion of the 2018 season, posting links to test sets from 2018 without validation from tournament directors is now allowed here: [wiki]2018 Test Exchange#User-Submitted_Sets[/wiki]. Rules regarding takedown requests from tournaments still apply.

If you would like to add a link, please add it on a new line in the correct section using the following format:

:[URL 2018 Tournament Name]

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Return to “Feedback”