Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Proposal for Organizing the Forums

Post by Jacobi »

This popped up last year:
Kylari04 wrote:Hey mods,
I noticed there was no subforum for Thermodynamics, even though this is a build event. For the next season, can you make one for thermo? The thread is very hard to sort through as there are many posts in it, both about the build and general Thermodynamics questions for the testing part.
I personally think that a more widespread solution would be good - a subforum for each event. Each event has many different facets. For example, Experimental Design could have rubric questions, team organization questions, etc. In addition, instead of making Question Marathons its own forum, put each event's QM inside that event's subforum. It will be easier to navigate. Going back to the XPD example, I am already checking on a question I posted earlier in the main thread. I can also see in that same page whether there is a new question on the QM. Such a setup would make the forums easier to navigate, so that everything about an event is in the same place.

Please consider this proposal for next year's forum.
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Proposal for Organizing the Forums

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

Jacobi wrote:This popped up last year:
Kylari04 wrote:Hey mods,
I noticed there was no subforum for Thermodynamics, even though this is a build event. For the next season, can you make one for thermo? The thread is very hard to sort through as there are many posts in it, both about the build and general Thermodynamics questions for the testing part.
I personally think that a more widespread solution would be good - a subforum for each event. Each event has many different facets. For example, Experimental Design could have rubric questions, team organization questions, etc. In addition, instead of making Question Marathons its own forum, put each event's QM inside that event's subforum. It will be easier to navigate. Going back to the XPD example, I am already checking on a question I posted earlier in the main thread. I can also see in that same page whether there is a new question on the QM. Such a setup would make the forums easier to navigate, so that everything about an event is in the same place.

Please consider this proposal for next year's forum.
I'm not sure, but I think the argument against this is that it takes up additional space when you create a new thread.
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Proposal for Organizing the Forums

Post by Unome »

Most events don't get nearly enough discussion to warrant a full subforum. There's not much point in making a subforum for a 10-page event thread.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “Feedback”