Why is a page of a Sassy game labeled as dangerous?

LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Why is a page of a Sassy game labeled as dangerous?

Post by LittleMissNyan »

I was reading Scioly Assassination 72: Pandora's Box and was going to click on the icon thing for page 3 (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2819&start=30) and I got this

(I have a screenshot but I don't know where to host it so I just copy-pasted the thing)

Deceptive site ahead
Attackers on lolpics.se may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on lolpics.se. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

My Chromebook has a lot of school policies, but nothing unusual. I can go to page 4 and other pages of the game without any problems! What's wrong?
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Why is a page of a Sassy game labeled as dangerous?

Post by pb5754 »

LittleMissNyan wrote:I was reading Scioly Assassination 72: Pandora's Box and was going to click on the icon thing for page 3 (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2819&start=30) and I got this

(I have a screenshot but I don't know where to host it so I just copy-pasted the thing)

Deceptive site ahead
Attackers on lolpics.se may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on lolpics.se. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

My Chromebook has a lot of school policies, but nothing unusual. I can go to page 4 and other pages of the game without any problems! What's wrong?
I tested the link and I had the same problem on my school Chromebook...
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

pb5754[] wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:I was reading Scioly Assassination 72: Pandora's Box and was going to click on the icon thing for page 3 (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2819&start=30) and I got this

Deceptive site ahead

Someone used an image-hosting website with poor security (or one which got flagged as having poor security and therefore likely to be malicious by your filter).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Unome wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:

Deceptive site ahead

Someone used an image-hosting website with poor security (or one which got flagged as having poor security and therefore likely to be malicious by your filter).
Oof, ok then!
Note to self - don't use lolpics.se
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

I've edited the post with the offending image to remove the warning.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “Feedback”