Site Transition Errors

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Site Transition Errors

Post by Unome »

antoine_ego wrote:
dragon_fruit35 wrote:I can't login to the wiki, even though I'm entering my password correctly (It's telling me 'credentials not verified' or something like that). Anyone know how to fix this?
Same here. I think it has something to do with my username not working, because when I try to reset the password (by clicking the forgot password thing), it says that my username doesn't exist.
Not sure if the problem still exists, but for a long time having an underscore in your username made it impossible to edit the wiki.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Unome wrote:
antoine_ego wrote:
dragon_fruit35 wrote:I can't login to the wiki, even though I'm entering my password correctly (It's telling me 'credentials not verified' or something like that). Anyone know how to fix this?
Same here. I think it has something to do with my username not working, because when I try to reset the password (by clicking the forgot password thing), it says that my username doesn't exist.
Not sure if the problem still exists, but for a long time having an underscore in your username made it impossible to edit the wiki.
It is still a problem. Special characters (brackets, underscores, etc.) will cause issues.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
antoine_ego
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by antoine_ego »

Also, LaTeX isn't working on the Wiki for some reason.
Unome

Post by Unome »

Edit: file upload not working. Will fix later.
maxxxxx
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

Does anyone else feel like the new Control Bar(that's what it's called, right?) is too big? I'll get used to it in a week anyway but I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Edit: Also the only way to access the User Control Panel is to click your name on the list of active users at the bottom of the Forums page Never mind, that just gets to the profile. Is there any way to access the User Control Panel?

Edit 2: Is there an easy way to see notifications and pm's since the control bar is blocking that part of the page now?
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

maxxxxx wrote:Does anyone else feel like the new Control Bar(that's what it's called, right?) is too big? I'll get used to it in a week anyway but I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Edit: Also the only way to access the User Control Panel is to click your name on the list of active users at the bottom of the Forums page Never mind, that just gets to the profile. Is there any way to access the User Control Panel?

Edit 2: Is there an easy way to see notifications and pm's since the control bar is blocking that part of the page now?
Max, can you send me a screenshot of your screen? User Control Panel: http://scioly.org/forums/ucp.php.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

PSA: If your browser does not load forums that looks like this, it may be loading the page using cached files. Fix this by running a hard refresh or clearing your browser's cache. (Note: Expect more smaller changes over the next week. I'm aware some color choices are not the best.)
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

bernard wrote:PSA: If your browser does not load forums that looks like this, it may be loading the page using cached files. Fix this by running a hard refresh or clearing your browser's cache. (Note: Expect more smaller changes over the next week. I'm aware some color choices are not the best.)
I'm also a bit uncertain about the new changes. The big thing is that for some reason now everytime I come to the page I have to click on the big yellow Login button (but don't have to actually login, as it seems to cache something and then realize what my username is). The default fonts are also a lot smaller and in general 'harsher' on my eyes (I know that's totally subjective..).

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
Unome

Post by Unome »

Attachment posting permissions appear to be broken (I checked Question Marathons & RSI).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
kenniky
State: MA
Been thanked: 0

Post by kenniky »

Top banner is too big on mobile obscuring some things (this was also a problem before the switch iirc)
Automated Event Assigner!
UMich 2018: Chem Lab, Fermi

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kenniky-so-test]Rate my tests![/url]
[url]https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Kenniky[/url]

[url=https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10008&start=34]2017 Nats = rip[/url]
[url=https://youtu.be/MCo8IAovjfw]ABRHS 2016[/url]

Return to “Feedback”