WhatScience? wrote:arv101 wrote:Is there anyway we can have a mock run of this event or at least for the written test?Just to see where we are?
I have a plan that I am more than happy to implement
1. First, the mock competition will take place on the weekend of Nov 18-19.
2. Anyone interested should all sign up
3. All those who sign up must write a 12 question test with an answer key.
4. Submit all those tests to me by November 15/16.
5. On Friday, November 17, I will pm the tests to all those who signed up.
6. Through the weekend, take all the tests.
7. Submit all your scores. I will average them all, (with everyone being exempt from the test they wrote.)
[I trust that nobody will cheat as this is to gauge your level. There is nothing to be gained from cheating.]
8. Placings will be released.
9. All the tests will be released.
So this way, the tests make it onto the test exchange benefiting everybody but one must submit a test to get access to the actual competition.
What do y'all think?
PM me with your name to sign up saying "I, [insert name here] sign up for the november scioly.org thermo competition.
Send your tests to email@example.com
Remember that this is still on people