Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Re: Game On C

Post by John Richardsim »

antoine_ego wrote:
DarthBuilder wrote:That was throwing shade haha
Tfw Game On of all events tears apart your team from the inside :p
tfw you remember that Scratch was developed by MIT.
kenniky
State: MA
Been thanked: 0

Post by kenniky »

John Richardsim wrote: tfw you remember that Scratch was developed by MIT.
this of all things makes me the most confused

MIT can't even run the event that they basically developed without problems

Rip
Automated Event Assigner!
UMich 2018: Chem Lab, Fermi

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kenniky-so-test]Rate my tests![/url]
[url]https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Kenniky[/url]

[url=https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10008&start=34]2017 Nats = rip[/url]
[url=https://youtu.be/MCo8IAovjfw]ABRHS 2016[/url]
Riptide
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by Riptide »

kenniky wrote:
John Richardsim wrote: tfw you remember that Scratch was developed by MIT.
this of all things makes me the most confused

MIT can't even run the event that they basically developed without problems

Rip
Although Game On was a massive L this year, I’m sure MIT will put more effort into preparing for the event next year (assuming game on doesn’t get replaced with source code or something). Magikarp and the other graders did the best they could given their situation, and you can’t really ask for more. Unfortunate how it all went down Game On was my most prepared event ;(
terence.tan
Division: C
State: NY

Post by terence.tan »

Guys how likely will Game On be replaced by source code
2017 events: Electric Vehicle, Game On, Robot Arm
2018 events: Mouse Trap Vehicle, Game On, Mission Possible, ExpD, Duct Tape Challenge
2019 events: Mouse Trap Vehicle, Sounds of Music, Mission Possible, ExpD, Wright Stuff, WIDI
2020 events: Gravity Vehicle. ExpD, WIDI, Sounds of Music, Machines
Riptide
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Riptide »

terence.tan wrote:Guys how likely will Game On be replaced by source code
Hopefully 100% lol but it really is 50/50. Source code has already replaced Michigan (might be wrong about the state but I know for sure one state did this) as the state event, and this could be foreshadowing for next year, but we won’t know anything until they officially announce next years events. Any other information is probably just speculation.
UC Berkeley
Seven Lakes High School '19
terence.tan
Division: C
State: NY

Post by terence.tan »

Riptide wrote:
Hopefully 100% lol but it really is 50/50. Source code has already replaced Michigan (might be wrong about the state but I know for sure one state did this) as the state event, and this could be foreshadowing for next year, but we won’t know anything until they officially announce next years events. Any other information is probably just speculation.
Lets say that Game On says. What could they change about this event. Maybe a list is 10 game types?
2017 events: Electric Vehicle, Game On, Robot Arm
2018 events: Mouse Trap Vehicle, Game On, Mission Possible, ExpD, Duct Tape Challenge
2019 events: Mouse Trap Vehicle, Sounds of Music, Mission Possible, ExpD, Wright Stuff, WIDI
2020 events: Gravity Vehicle. ExpD, WIDI, Sounds of Music, Machines
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

terence.tan wrote:
Riptide wrote:
Lets say that Game On says. What could they change about this event. Maybe a list is 10 game types?
It appears that the current plan is to rotate to Code Busters. Although this is the most likely (which is why it's on the recently-updated SOSI schedule) it's certainly possible that they could end up going with other options.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Riptide
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Riptide »

Unome wrote:
terence.tan wrote:
Riptide wrote:
It appears that the current plan is to rotate to Code Busters. Although this is the most likely (which is why it's on the recently-updated SOSI schedule) it's certainly possible that they could end up going with other options.
Sorry if it’s an obvious question, but where could I find the SOSI schedule? Haven’t heard of code busters replacing game on before, but that seems like an extremely viable option.
UC Berkeley
Seven Lakes High School '19
Adi1008
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Adi1008 »

Riptide wrote:
Unome wrote:
terence.tan wrote: Lets say that Game On says. What could they change about this event. Maybe a list is 10 game types?
Sorry if it’s an obvious question, but where could I find the SOSI schedule? Haven’t heard of code busters replacing game on before, but that seems like an extremely viable option.
Here
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14
kenniky
State: MA

Post by kenniky »

Adi1008 wrote:
Riptide wrote:
Unome wrote: It appears that the current plan is to rotate to Code Busters. Although this is the most likely (which is why it's on the recently-updated SOSI schedule) it's certainly possible that they could end up going with other options.
Here
If I'm reading this right, they're moving Game On to Div B? lol
Automated Event Assigner!
UMich 2018: Chem Lab, Fermi

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kenniky-so-test]Rate my tests![/url]
[url]https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Kenniky[/url]

[url=https://scioly.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10008&start=34]2017 Nats = rip[/url]
[url=https://youtu.be/MCo8IAovjfw]ABRHS 2016[/url]

Return to “2018 Lab Events”