Potions and Poisons B

dvegadvol
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Potions and Poisons B

Post by dvegadvol »

OMG! That's the test from the invitational! LOL!

Thanks, Froggie, but it's completely worthless to me...

Anybody out there have a real test to share? Please...

Thanks
SunnyDelight!

Post by SunnyDelight! »

Our team was wondering if we could use a multimeter in the competition or are we supposed just use a conductivity reader such as one with a bulb indicator.

Also, we want to practice the lab portion. Where do we get out chemicals/materials and how do we dispose of them? How are you guys doing your lab practice?
dholdgreve
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by dholdgreve »

SunnyDelight! wrote:Our team was wondering if we could use a multimeter in the competition or are we supposed just use a conductivity reader such as one with a bulb indicator.

Also, we want to practice the lab portion. Where do we get out chemicals/materials and how do we dispose of them? How are you guys doing your lab practice?
I just ran this at Ohio State... My answer to your question is "It is up to the individual running the competition. Check with them." At OSU, I saw several different types of conductivity testers. In my assessment, they had to be 9 volt or less. They had to say somewhere on the device "conductivity."
Dan Holdgreve
Northmont Science Olympiad

Dedicated to the Memory of Len Joeris
"For the betterment of Science"
IvanGe
Division: C
State: NY

Post by IvanGe »

SunnyDelight! wrote:Our team was wondering if we could use a multimeter in the competition or are we supposed just use a conductivity reader such as one with a bulb indicator.

it's a bit hard to practice labs on your own, but since my school has a stock of invys, I just copy the labs off of them and basically find the materials.
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
SunnyDelight!

Post by SunnyDelight! »

IvanGe wrote:

it's a bit hard to practice labs on your own, but since my school has a stock of invys, I just copy the labs off of them and basically find the materials.
Thanks- we will do our best!
SunnyDelight!

Post by SunnyDelight! »

dholdgreve wrote:

I just ran this at Ohio State... My answer to your question is "It is up to the individual running the competition. Check with them." At OSU, I saw several different types of conductivity testers. In my assessment, they had to be 9 volt or less. They had to say somewhere on the device "conductivity."
Thanks for your help! We will ask the supervisors and bring both to the competition.
jxxu20
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by jxxu20 »

Hi guys,
Are the household chemicals/toxic living organisms for next year's PP event going to be the same as the chemicals/organisms covered this year? Thanks!
"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood." -- George Orwell, 1984

Events 2019: A&P, Heredity, Picture This, P&P
Events 2020: A&P, Astro, DG, Geo Mapping
dvegadvol

Post by dvegadvol »

Probably not...

Return to “2018 Lab Events”