Potions and Poisons B

sarahlove
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Potions and Poisons B

Post by sarahlove »

Hi, I am new to scioly.org and just made an account because I needed some help. Is anyone willing to trade cheat sheets or practice tests? I could really use the extra help. PM me if youre interested and ill send you my email!!!
viscamander

Post by viscamander »

Quick question: can you use your notes for the lab portion of the competition? I am putting lab instructions on my notes sheet so I can use them. But I don't want it to be useless! Please help!
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

viscamander wrote:Quick question: can you use your notes for the lab portion of the competition? I am putting lab instructions on my notes sheet so I can use them. But I don't want it to be useless! Please help!
I'm almost positive that you can.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
vehicleguy

Post by vehicleguy »

The lab and the test go on at the same time so yes you can use notes during the lab portion.
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy
skiski

Post by skiski »

Hey everyone! So my school is hosting a tournament for Division B, and we have to run the Potion and Poisons event. I was tasked to make questions based on "use a map to analyze the potential patterns of spread of toxic spills in the environment via water, wind, or gravity". I am completely stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
drcubbin
Division: B
State: NY

Post by drcubbin »

Froggie wrote:
viscamander wrote:Quick question: can you use your notes for the lab portion of the competition? I am putting lab instructions on my notes sheet so I can use them. But I don't want it to be useless! Please help!
Follow the event manual to the letter - You are permitted "five 8.5” x 11” sheets of paper that may contain information on both sides in any form and from any source." Supervisors will be checking this during the event.
rainbowunicorns
Division: B

Post by rainbowunicorns »

skiski wrote:Hey everyone! So my school is hosting a tournament for Division B, and we have to run the Potion and Poisons event. I was tasked to make questions based on "use a map to analyze the potential patterns of spread of toxic spills in the environment via water, wind, or gravity". I am completely stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
I've only done this event once and haven't encountered a problem like this, and I am guessing you can ask about toxic spills on land and how elevation would determine which direction the toxins will travel, and for water something about to where the toxins will travel if it was moving downstream with a river.

For example:
If there was an oil spill at ____ river, towards what direction would the spill travel?
Participants will then have to look at the map and find out to which direction the river is flowing towards. (Road Scholar will really help with this).

I'm not really sure, but I hope this helps.
PANDA :P
vehicleguy

Post by vehicleguy »

Did anyway observe any odd questions or topics on quizzes? I would like to be prepared for any curve balls the supervisers may throw.
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy
WhatScience?
State: NJ

Post by WhatScience? »

vehicleguy wrote:Did anyway observe any odd questions or topics on quizzes? I would like to be prepared for any curve balls the supervisers may throw.
A couple invites have used the organisms from the NY trial rules from last year.
viscamander

Post by viscamander »

drcubbin wrote:
Froggie wrote:
Follow the event manual to the letter - You are permitted "five 8.5” x 11” sheets of paper that may contain information on both sides in any form and from any source." Supervisors will be checking this during the event.
I know you can use your notes for the testing portion of the event, but I need to know if I can use it for the lab part as well.

Return to “2018 Lab Events”