Potions and Poisons B

adwit009
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Potions and Poisons B

Post by adwit009 »

I was wondering,

Is the 7v limit for the multimeter imposed as getting one less than 7v is very hard.
If you could get back in 2-3 days that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
igotoschool

Post by igotoschool »

adwit009 wrote:I was wondering,

Is the 7v limit for the multimeter imposed as getting one less than 7v is very hard.
If you could get back in 2-3 days that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
The rules manual says that it is 9V or less, not 7V?
SunnyDelight!

Post by SunnyDelight! »

Hello-

I am a participant that has a question: My partner and I have been doing several practice tests and have been seeing content from another manual that we found online. It is a pdf:

https://www.soinc.org/sites/default/fil ... -20-16.pdf

We are unsure whether we are supposed to cover the topics given in this manual. Our coach was given a different manual with other species and the environmental toxins listed do not contain copper. For example, we do not have lily of the valley, wolfsbane, Portuguese man of war, poison dart frog, jack in the pulpit and poison sumac. Are we supposed to know this content as well for the competition?
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

SunnyDelight! wrote:Hello-

I am a participant that has a question: My partner and I have been doing several practice tests and have been seeing content from another manual that we found online. It is a pdf:

We are unsure whether we are supposed to cover the topics given in this manual. Our coach was given a different manual with other species and the environmental toxins listed do not contain copper. For example, we do not have lily of the valley, wolfsbane, Portuguese man of war, poison dart frog, jack in the pulpit and poison sumac. Are we supposed to know this content as well for the competition?
The link you posted is for the trial event rules from last year, before Potions and Poisons became a national event. You should follow the current year's rules. Although, if you have extra time it might be worth going over some of the removed topics from the trial rules, in case your event supervisor isn't very competent and uses the trial rules by mistake.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
drcubbin
Division: B
State: NY

Post by drcubbin »

SunnyDelight! wrote:Hello-

You can always count on the scioly.org WIKI https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Potions_and_Poisons
SunnyDelight!

Post by SunnyDelight! »

Thank you for your reply! We decided not to stress out about these extra species...and they did not even come on our test.
SunnyDelight!

Post by SunnyDelight! »

Thanks @unome and @dcrubbin!!!
igotoschool

Post by igotoschool »

um did not see previous messages sorry
dvegadvol

Post by dvegadvol »

SO, now that the season is over for the great majority of us, can anyone share an invitational test or two or three? The invitationals we attended returned only our answer sheets. No tests, no keys. Worthless. One of our invitational tests was hard to forget. At the top of the page it read something like: Since this is a new event and there is no information on this and we don't know what we are doing, so Good Luck!"

So, anybody got anything to share? Thanks.
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Froggie »

dvegadvol wrote:One of our invitational tests was hard to forget. At the top of the page it read something like: Since this is a new event and there is no information on this and we don't know what we are doing, so Good Luck!"
This test is on the test exchange: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2018_ ... nd_Poisons
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

Return to “2018 Lab Events”