Potions and Poisons B

Random Human
Division: C
State: -

Re: Potions and Poisons B

Postby Random Human » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:42 am

Benewcomb wrote:Hey do you have any good tests I could use? Thanks!

Yeah, PM.
Random Human - Proud (former) Science Olympian. 2015-2017
Writer of Doers
Dynamic Planet
Breaker of Towers: 16-17 Season Peak Score - 3220
Len Joeris all the way. Remember Len.

sarahlove

Postby sarahlove » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:09 am

Hi, I am new to scioly.org and just made an account because I needed some help. Is anyone willing to trade cheat sheets or practice tests? I could really use the extra help. PM me if youre interested and ill send you my email!!!

Scienceoly

Postby Scienceoly » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 am

Hi, I have a few tests from invitationals, and I am interested to exchange mine with yours if you have some. Please email me at gqqian@gmail.com if you are interested.

viscamander

Postby viscamander » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Quick question: can you use your notes for the lab portion of the competition? I am putting lab instructions on my notes sheet so I can use them. But I don't want it to be useless! Please help!

Froggie
Division: B
State: PA

Postby Froggie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 pm

viscamander wrote:Quick question: can you use your notes for the lab portion of the competition? I am putting lab instructions on my notes sheet so I can use them. But I don't want it to be useless! Please help!

I'm almost positive that you can.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

vehicleguy

Postby vehicleguy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:51 pm

The lab and the test go on at the same time so yes you can use notes during the lab portion.
Events!
2018-Battery Buggy-Exp D-Fast Facts-Herpetology-Potions and Poisons-Roller Coaster
2019?-Battery Buggy-ELG-Exp D?-Herpetology-Potions and Poisons-Roller Coaster

skiski
Division: C

Postby skiski » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Hey everyone! So my school is hosting a tournament for Division B, and we have to run the Potion and Poisons event. I was tasked to make questions based on "use a map to analyze the potential patterns of spread of toxic spills in the environment via water, wind, or gravity". I am completely stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

drcubbin
State: NY

Postby drcubbin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Froggie wrote:
viscamander wrote:Quick question: can you use your notes for the lab portion of the competition? I am putting lab instructions on my notes sheet so I can use them. But I don't want it to be useless! Please help!

Follow the event manual to the letter - You are permitted "five 8.5” x 11” sheets of paper that may contain information on both sides in any form and from any source." Supervisors will be checking this during the event.

rainbowunicorns

Postby rainbowunicorns » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 am

skiski wrote:Hey everyone! So my school is hosting a tournament for Division B, and we have to run the Potion and Poisons event. I was tasked to make questions based on "use a map to analyze the potential patterns of spread of toxic spills in the environment via water, wind, or gravity". I am completely stumped. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

I've only done this event once and haven't encountered a problem like this, and I am guessing you can ask about toxic spills on land and how elevation would determine which direction the toxins will travel, and for water something about to where the toxins will travel if it was moving downstream with a river.

For example:
If there was an oil spill at ____ river, towards what direction would the spill travel?
Participants will then have to look at the map and find out to which direction the river is flowing towards. (Road Scholar will really help with this).

I'm not really sure, but I hope this helps.
I love pandas (it's my chat name) :P

vehicleguy

Postby vehicleguy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 am

Did anyway observe any odd questions or topics on quizzes? I would like to be prepared for any curve balls the supervisers may throw.
Events!
2018-Battery Buggy-Exp D-Fast Facts-Herpetology-Potions and Poisons-Roller Coaster

WhatScience?
State: NJ

Postby WhatScience? » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:35 am

vehicleguy wrote:Did anyway observe any odd questions or topics on quizzes? I would like to be prepared for any curve balls the supervisers may throw.

A couple invites have used the organisms from the NY trial rules from last year.
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

viscamander

Postby viscamander » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:33 pm

drcubbin wrote:
Froggie wrote:

Follow the event manual to the letter - You are permitted "five 8.5” x 11” sheets of paper that may contain information on both sides in any form and from any source." Supervisors will be checking this during the event.

I know you can use your notes for the testing portion of the event, but I need to know if I can use it for the lab part as well.

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Postby Unome » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:43 pm

viscamander wrote:
drcubbin wrote:
Froggie wrote:I'm almost positive that you can.

I know you can use your notes for the testing portion of the event, but I need to know if I can use it for the lab part as well.

It's not explicitly stated in the rules, but generally you should be able to. However, it's possible that some event supervisors may make you do the lab without your notesheets (although this will likely turn out to be very difficult for them to handle).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

vehicleguy

Postby vehicleguy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:44 pm

vehicleguy wrote:The lab and the test go on at the same time so yes you can use notes during the lab portion.
Events!

vehicleguy

Postby vehicleguy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Ignore this. This wasn't meant for spam. I accidentally wrote two messages.
Last edited by vehicleguy on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Events!

Return to “Lab Events”