State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Disease Detectives B/C

Post by dcrxcode »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:
dcrxcode wrote:
Check out Cy-Falls 2015, pg 13 for Cochran-Mantel-Haenszel tests. Very few tests are written with CMH in it. This is a national treasure :P If you don't have access to the test let me know.

Wright State 2015 (end section of test) and Cornell 2016 (q 20-25) are also good on general statistics. Again if you don't have access to these tests let me know.
Thanks for the great info! For some reason I can't seem to find the tests. Are they in the archive test exchange?
Does anyone know where I could find these tests? I don't think dcrxcode has been on since.
sorry I've been busy so haven't been online as much. but if you pm your email/facebook I can send them to you.
izzanom
Division: C
State: NC

Post by izzanom »

Can anyone give me an overview/explanation for the Division C statistics? Also how much does it appear on tests usually, is it really that important?
heyimben

Post by heyimben »

Whats the whole 'solve the outbreak' thing. I saw something about it when starting up and looked into it but could never find anything.
maxxxxx
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by maxxxxx »

izzanom wrote:Can anyone give me an overview/explanation for the Division C statistics? Also how much does it appear on tests usually, is it really that important?
Try checking the Statistics Overview from soinc.org. As far as how often it shows up, it really depends. I've mostly seen them on higher competition invite tests and I'm sure they're on Nats tests, but they're a lot more rare on Regionals and even States tests depending on where you're from.
heyimben wrote:Whats the whole 'solve the outbreak' thing. I saw something about it when starting up and looked into it but could never find anything.
Solve the Outbreak is an online game made by the CDC which incorporates steps to outbreak investigation and guides you through the process for many different scenarios.
Lower Merion Class Of 2017
Birdmusic
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Birdmusic »

heyimben wrote:Whats the whole 'solve the outbreak' thing. I saw something about it when starting up and looked into it but could never find anything.
It's not a really useful study tool, but here's the link: https://www.cdc.gov/mobile/applications ... b-app.html
I like birds.
Diego

Post by Diego »

I believe so.
NothingMatters.

Post by NothingMatters. »

Where can I find what we should bring to the event? It's not at the top of the wiki like the others are. :(
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

NothingMatters. wrote:Where can I find what we should bring to the event? It's not at the top of the wiki like the others are. :(
It is however in the rules manual.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Birdmusic
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Birdmusic »

Do tests usually ask about past epidemics and/or recent outbreaks? (not related to food borne illness)
I like birds.
Nerd_Bunny
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

Birdmusic wrote:Do tests usually ask about past epidemics and/or recent outbreaks? (not related to food borne illness)
I haven't ever seen it before in a test for my state or nationals, but I have seen in other tests from other areas that it'll ask you to name a recent outbreak. Last year I put a few facts about the recent zika virus outbreak on my IS. I didn't end up needing it, but I'd be prepared with a bit of background information on a recent outbreak, just in case.
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.

Return to “2018 Study Events”