Wiki Moderator
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by NeilMehta »

SmartLove wrote:I have a question about the test.

So is the test going to be mainly definitions of are we going to list any gases or name any locations or climate types and there causes.

along that does anyone know where i can find practice test on climate :? :? :? :? :?
You're most likely going to need to know all three - study hard!
Tests from past years' Climate topics can be found here:
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Test_ ... ve#Climate
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
Juan36

Post by Juan36 »

This is my first year doing meteorology. How many notes can you take?
OrigamiPlanet
State: PA

Post by OrigamiPlanet »

Juan36 wrote:This is my first year doing meteorology. How many notes can you take?
You are allowed four sheets of notes, front and back. Optimize the space you have well, as it does not give boundaries for margins. These notes should be typed as well.
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events
Astronomy; Codebusters; Dynamic Planet

Howdy partner ;)

Email me for anything! Aliases are HeeYaww and v_v_vle
home2mars
Coach
Coach

Who can fix the link?

Post by home2mars »

Who can fix this link: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2018_ ... Climate.29

The broken link (the top file for VA Test 2009)

I found the correct location:

https://scioly.org/wiki/images/c/cd/VA_ ... gional.pdf

Thank you
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Who can fix the link?

Post by Unome »

home2mars wrote:Who can fix this link: https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/2018_ ... Climate.29

The broken link (the top file for VA Test 2009)

I found the correct location:

https://scioly.org/wiki/images/c/cd/VA_ ... gional.pdf

Thank you
Done.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
SciolyGuy411

Post by SciolyGuy411 »

Not too much happening on this page this year. Just leaving Mentor Ohio Invite I thought the test was very fair, moderately long but a good test. More questions on climate scenarios, Rep. Concentration Pathways than I have seen all year. RRTM model questions too. Been studying these be fist time in 6 invites that I have seen them on test. Time to jam for regionals now.
ScientistInTraining

Post by ScientistInTraining »

I don't know where to start in this event, this is my first time in this event, from looking at the other posts I can kinda collect that I will need to look at previous years topics and study them? Where should I start studying? :geek:
OrigamiPlanet
State: PA

Post by OrigamiPlanet »

ScientistInTraining wrote:I don't know where to start in this event, this is my first time in this event, from looking at the other posts I can kinda collect that I will need to look at previous years topics and study them? Where should I start studying? :geek:
Start with the fundamentals, or simply defining climate as a whole. Investigate the factors influencing climate, and how climate can affect us as a whole. You could also start differentiating climate and weather. Once you finish that, begin with learning the atmosphere in general.
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events
Astronomy; Codebusters; Dynamic Planet

Howdy partner ;)

Email me for anything! Aliases are HeeYaww and v_v_vle
ScientistInTraining

Post by ScientistInTraining »

OrigamiPlanet wrote:
ScientistInTraining wrote:I don't know where to start in this event, this is my first time in this event, from looking at the other posts I can kinda collect that I will need to look at previous years topics and study them? Where should I start studying? :geek:
Start with the fundamentals, or simply defining climate as a whole. Investigate the factors influencing climate, and how climate can affect us as a whole. You could also start differentiating climate and weather. Once you finish that, begin with learning the atmosphere in general.
Okay, thank you!
pbjay
Division: B
State: FL

Post by pbjay »

Go to the wiki. The wiki will tell you what the topic is for the current year. Based on that start studying. Try to fit as much info on your notes sheet. If you have some space left over on your notes sheet, add some topics from Everyday Weather and Severe Storms. The topics change every year
2018 Events: Meteorology (2nd Regionals, 10th States), Fast Facts, Wright Stuff
2019 Events: Dynamic Planet (1st Regionals), Meteorology (1st Regionals), Elastic Launched Glider (2nd Regionals), Disease Detectives (4th Regionals).

Return to “2018 Study Events”