Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Nerd_Bunny
Division: C
State: ID
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

What size font do you use to write your information sheets? I'm using size 5 right now, and I'm curious if anyone else can see smaller than that.
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
Pettywap
State: PA
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pettywap »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:What size font do you use to write your information sheets? I'm using size 5 right now, and I'm curious if anyone else can see smaller than that.
Size three is legible but that depend on your eyes. 3.5 is a thing too.
"Who's Fettywap?"
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

Pettywap wrote:
Nerd_Bunny wrote:What size font do you use to write your information sheets? I'm using size 5 right now, and I'm curious if anyone else can see smaller than that.
For my own cheat sheets, no matter which event I was doing, I don't think I ever went below 6, maybe 5 (I don't really remember). It can get hard to read at that point, and you'd honestly be better off trying to finish other parts of the test instead of spending time on straining your eyes to read your cheat sheet. I'll pose one question for you too, tho, really: if there's stuff you know by heart, what point is there at all to have it take up space on your cheat sheet? You can take such stuff off your sheet to free up space for other things you may not be as familiar with.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Anomaly »

pikachu4919 wrote:
Pettywap wrote:
For my own cheat sheets, no matter which event I was doing, I don't think I ever went below 6, maybe 5 (I don't really remember). It can get hard to read at that point, and you'd honestly be better off trying to finish other parts of the test instead of spending time on straining your eyes to read your cheat sheet. I'll pose one question for you too, tho, really: if there's stuff you know by heart, what point is there at all to have it take up space on your cheat sheet? You can take such stuff off your sheet to free up space for other things you may not be as familiar with.
Good pout brought up pikachu4919. And I usually don’t go past 5 on cheat sheets, because I don’t want to spend the whole test looking for some information on there. I guess it all depends how well you can read it. I’m pretty sure there’s a girl on my team that can’t read anything smaller than 10
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
Pettywap

Post by Pettywap »

I know where everything is because I wrote it so it doesn't take that long and I add columns too. I also have headers in bold with i.e. Diseases
"Who's Fettywap?"
pikachu4919
State: IN

Post by pikachu4919 »

Oh, another thing. I always liked making my notes in Microsoft PowerPoint since it was tons easier to move text and pictures around than on Microsoft Word, plus there are no margins :P (Sometimes I used Adobe InDesign to make my notes, actually, but that software is expensive af, and I'm just spoiled from my experience as a designer for my high school newspaper)
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Pettywap

Post by Pettywap »

pikachu4919 wrote:Oh, another thing. I always liked making my notes in Microsoft PowerPoint since it was tons easier to move text and pictures around than on Microsoft Word, plus there are no margins :P (Sometimes I used Adobe InDesign to make my notes, actually, but that software is expensive af, and I'm just spoiled from my experience as a designer for my high school newspaper)
You can move pictures by doing the text overlap. Also some printers can only go so small margin wise.
"Who's Fettywap?"
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

pikachu4919 wrote:Oh, another thing. I always liked making my notes in Microsoft PowerPoint since it was tons easier to move text and pictures around than on Microsoft Word, plus there are no margins :P
<3 PowerPoint
Userpage

Nerd_Bunny
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

Um, I think this has probably been asked before, but in the digestive section of the rules when it says "diseases on each level from the cell to the whole person" how do you study that? Do you study how it affects the cell, then the next level up, (tissues and such) and so on? Or do you just study the basics like cause, symptoms, treatment, etc? Some of these diseases look very broad so I don't think you could do that for all of them. (Especially diarrhea. Isn't that a symptom...?)
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
Nano1llus10n
State: TX

Post by Nano1llus10n »

Nerd_Bunny wrote:Um, I think this has probably been asked before, but in the digestive section of the rules when it says "diseases on each level from the cell to the whole person" how do you study that? Do you study how it affects the cell, then the next level up, (tissues and such) and so on? Or do you just study the basics like cause, symptoms, treatment, etc? Some of these diseases look very broad so I don't think you could do that for all of them. (Especially diarrhea. Isn't that a symptom...?)
Just do all that you have mentioned. Some specifications may not be applicable but there are certainly complications involved with your example of diarrhea: e.g. dehydration.
[b]Event:[/b] MIT/R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 8/3/2/26
[b]Helicopters:[/b] 11/-/2/43
[b]Microbe Mission:[/b] 13/2/2/8
[b]Event:[/b] R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 1/2/8
[b]Designer Genes:[/b] 1/2/4
[b]Protein Modeling:[/b] 1/3/2
[b]Wright Stuff:[/b] 2/2/9

Seven Lakes High School '21

Return to “2018 Study Events”