Anatomy & Physiology B/C

IvanGe
Division: C
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by IvanGe »

EightBitKiwi wrote:

It's one month away from regionals, and I know at least one invitational that has taken place (though our school did not participate in it). There are still no anatomy tests in the 2018 test exchange. Can someone please explain why this is happening, and post an anatomy test onto the exchange/here? Thanks
you might want to look at the previous tests, and pick information from each of them because digestive has been a topic except it hasn't been with respiratory and immune. Look at previous tests to find relevant information
gelinas 2016-2019, wmhs'22

nats '19:
5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy
fallingdoves
Has thanked: 0

Post by fallingdoves »

When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)
  • 2020 Events
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Machines
    Exp Design
    Deisgner Genes
    Gravity Vehicle
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

fallingdoves wrote:When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)
Now. The systems will most likely be Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Excretory (imo 90%+ certainty).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
fallingdoves

Post by fallingdoves »

Unome wrote:
fallingdoves wrote:When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)
Now. The systems will most likely be Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Excretory (imo 90%+ certainty).
Should I start with basic anatomy and general physiology of each system and slowly increase my weekly study time?
  • 2020 Events
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Machines
    Exp Design
    Deisgner Genes
    Gravity Vehicle
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

fallingdoves wrote:
Unome wrote:
Should I start with basic anatomy and general physiology of each system and slowly increase my weekly study time?
Definitely!! This year's subjects will all help provide a basic background in the next three (resp->CV, immuno->lymphatic, digestive->xcretory) so i'd personally recommend grabbing a textbook if possible and reading up on the three systems and taking notes (you have plenty of time until next season, so no rush). One of the best ways to know the test is to make the test, so it wouldn't hurt to make an anatomy exam for SSSS '19 so you are better prepared and will have access to other tests early on. Starting early is a huge commitment, but it definitely pays off when the consistency is put in!
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
huppada
State: FL

Post by huppada »

Like someone was saying earlier, can someone PLEASE post a test in the test exchange for anatomy? Maybe if you could get ahold of your invitational or regional test papers...
Orlando Science Schools '20
2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Forensics, Protein Modeling
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly »

huppada wrote:Like someone was saying earlier, can someone PLEASE post a test in the test exchange for anatomy? Maybe if you could get ahold of your invitational or regional test papers...
I don't have a lot of time this week to upload a test, but when I get the chance I'll put one on there.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling
don't look at this its fake news now
GeorgeOrwell77

Post by GeorgeOrwell77 »

Does anyone know of any test trading forums?
Nerd_Bunny
State: ID

Post by Nerd_Bunny »

GeorgeOrwell77 wrote:Does anyone know of any test trading forums?
Unfortunately, I do not. However, if you coach is interested, I would suggest asking other teams to trade tests with you. We went to the NEBO invitational and are trading those tests with other teams who went to different invitationals. The worst someone can say is, "no." Or, you could go to the old test exchanges and make "Frankenstein" tests by taking the systems that apply to this year and taking only those parts of the test. Even though they're sometimes not always completely relevant to this year's rules, they're better than nothing.
Events: A&P, DD, Circuit Lab
States/Nats
2017 DD: 1/16
2018 A&P: 1/29
2019 A&P: 1/22
2019 PM: 1/22 
If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

GeorgeOrwell77 wrote:Does anyone know of any test trading forums?
Read through this thread and see what you think.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.

Return to “2018 Study Events”