Anatomy & Physiology B/C

User avatar
IvanGe
Member
Member
Posts: 194
Joined: September 29th, 2016, 1:56 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Location: GJHS

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby IvanGe » February 8th, 2018, 6:10 pm



EightBitKiwi wrote:

It's one month away from regionals, and I know at least one invitational that has taken place (though our school did not participate in it). There are still no anatomy tests in the 2018 test exchange. Can someone please explain why this is happening, and post an anatomy test onto the exchange/here? Thanks


you might want to look at the previous tests, and pick information from each of them because digestive has been a topic except it hasn't been with respiratory and immune. Look at previous tests to find relevant information
gelinas 2016-2019

5th - potions
5th - fossils
9th - buggy

fallingdoves
Member
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 4:31 pm
Division: B
State: NY

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby fallingdoves » February 10th, 2018, 4:51 pm

When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)
    2018 Events
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Duct Tape Challenge
    Exp Design

    2019 Events
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Heredity
    Thermodynamics

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4036
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby Unome » February 10th, 2018, 6:08 pm

fallingdoves wrote:When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)

Now. The systems will most likely be Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Excretory (imo 90%+ certainty).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

fallingdoves
Member
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 4:31 pm
Division: B
State: NY

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby fallingdoves » February 11th, 2018, 10:26 am

Unome wrote:
fallingdoves wrote:When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)

Now. The systems will most likely be Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Excretory (imo 90%+ certainty).


Should I start with basic anatomy and general physiology of each system and slowly increase my weekly study time?
    2018 Events
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Duct Tape Challenge
    Exp Design

    2019 Events
    Anatomy and Physiology
    Heredity
    Thermodynamics

User avatar
NeilMehta
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 318
Joined: August 27th, 2016, 5:27 am
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby NeilMehta » February 11th, 2018, 1:57 pm

fallingdoves wrote:
Unome wrote:
fallingdoves wrote:When should I start studying for 2019? (My 2018 season is over)

Now. The systems will most likely be Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, and Excretory (imo 90%+ certainty).


Should I start with basic anatomy and general physiology of each system and slowly increase my weekly study time?

Definitely!! This year's subjects will all help provide a basic background in the next three (resp->CV, immuno->lymphatic, digestive->xcretory) so i'd personally recommend grabbing a textbook if possible and reading up on the three systems and taking notes (you have plenty of time until next season, so no rush). One of the best ways to know the test is to make the test, so it wouldn't hurt to make an anatomy exam for SSSS '19 so you are better prepared and will have access to other tests early on. Starting early is a huge commitment, but it definitely pays off when the consistency is put in!
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018

huppada
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: October 27th, 2016, 6:05 pm
Division: C
State: FL

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby huppada » February 13th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Like someone was saying earlier, can someone PLEASE post a test in the test exchange for anatomy? Maybe if you could get ahold of your invitational or regional test papers...
Orlando Science Schools '20
2019 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Protein Modeling

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 571
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Location: Somewhere in the known or unknown universe

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby Anomaly » February 13th, 2018, 7:40 pm

huppada wrote:Like someone was saying earlier, can someone PLEASE post a test in the test exchange for anatomy? Maybe if you could get ahold of your invitational or regional test papers...

I don't have a lot of time this week to upload a test, but when I get the chance I'll put one on there.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 5
Events:
Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Disease Detectives, Write It Do It

GeorgeOrwell77
Member
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: April 19th, 2016, 8:13 am
State: -

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby GeorgeOrwell77 » February 16th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Does anyone know of any test trading forums?

User avatar
Nerd_Bunny
Member
Member
Posts: 137
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 9:36 am
Division: C
State: ID
Location: 221B Baker Street

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby Nerd_Bunny » February 16th, 2018, 3:50 pm

GeorgeOrwell77 wrote:Does anyone know of any test trading forums?

Unfortunately, I do not. However, if you coach is interested, I would suggest asking other teams to trade tests with you. We went to the NEBO invitational and are trading those tests with other teams who went to different invitationals. The worst someone can say is, "no." Or, you could go to the old test exchanges and make "Frankenstein" tests by taking the systems that apply to this year and taking only those parts of the test. Even though they're sometimes not always completely relevant to this year's rules, they're better than nothing.
Events: Chemistry Lab, A&P, Disease Detectives
2017 Placings
States/Nationals
RFTS: 1/37
DD: 1/16
A&P:1/31
Ecology: -/59 haha I bet you can guess what happened here...

2018 Placings
NEBO/States/Nationals
A&P: 1/1/
Chem Lab: 5/1/
DD: 1/1/

If you're curious...yes, I like rabbits.

User avatar
Tailsfan101
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 621
Joined: April 14th, 2017, 4:33 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Location: Philippians 3:20a "For our citizenship is in heaven"
Contact:

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby Tailsfan101 » February 16th, 2018, 4:12 pm

GeorgeOrwell77 wrote:Does anyone know of any test trading forums?

Read through this thread and see what you think.
2019 Treasure Valley Homeschool Wiki
2018
State/Nats
CB: 1/35
RS: 1/44
DD: 2/37
MM: 3/46

2019
Mini-Inv./DISCO/State/Nats
RS: 1/2/1/-
DD: -/3/2/-
HD: 2/4/4/-
CB: 3/6/1/-
ELG: -/6/-/-
GLM: -/-/-/31
WIDI: -/-/-/24


Possible 2020 events: DD, GLM, Code, WIDI, 4N6

Assassinator for games #118 and 136

bp31000
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: February 20th, 2018, 7:12 am
Division: B
State: TN

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby bp31000 » February 20th, 2018, 7:23 am

hi, For Anatomy and Physiology Div B, in Digestive system, when they say accessory organs, are we supposed to learn only the digestive related functions of that organ? for example, regarding liver, should we know all functions and related physiology of liver and hepatocytes or just digestive? same with pancreas? ("Basic anatomy of the component parts of the alimentary canal and accessory organs of digestion")
State & Regional 2019 events B
<3 Solar system 1st State & Regional<3
:?: Water Quality 1st State & Regional :?:
8-) Anatomy and Physiology 1st State & Regional 8-)
:roll: Heredity 4th state, 2nd regional :roll:

Pettywap
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 11:15 am
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby Pettywap » February 21st, 2018, 3:50 am

bp31000 wrote:hi, For Anatomy and Physiology Div B, in Digestive system, when they say accessory organs, are we supposed to learn only the digestive related functions of that organ? for example, regarding liver, should we know all functions and related physiology of liver and hepatocytes or just digestive? same with pancreas? ("Basic anatomy of the component parts of the alimentary canal and accessory organs of digestion")

You should focus more on the digestive component of the accessory organ.
"Who's Fettywap?"

steminism
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby steminism » February 25th, 2018, 9:12 pm

for the immune system, there is significant overlap with the lymphatic system that I've seen. I'm not too sure how in-depth I should actually study the lymphatic system. Does anyone have any wisdom to offer?
taking tests for fun

quantumk19
Member
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: January 7th, 2018, 8:09 pm
State: -

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby quantumk19 » February 27th, 2018, 2:03 pm

steminism wrote:for the immune system, there is significant overlap with the lymphatic system that I've seen. I'm not too sure how in-depth I should actually study the lymphatic system. Does anyone have any wisdom to offer?


The test at Yale had an entire diagram of the lymphatic system, but that was unusual. The rules state that it should only be applied where it is relevant to the immune system, so I would look at where they overlap.

steminism
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 8:12 pm
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Postby steminism » February 28th, 2018, 7:25 am

quantumk19 wrote:
steminism wrote:for the immune system, there is significant overlap with the lymphatic system that I've seen. I'm not too sure how in-depth I should actually study the lymphatic system. Does anyone have any wisdom to offer?


The test at Yale had an entire diagram of the lymphatic system, but that was unusual. The rules state that it should only be applied where it is relevant to the immune system, so I would look at where they overlap.


Thank you! And yes I noticed that. I had the whole diagram memorized weeks prior but it hadn't came up at any other invitational so I never went back to look it over sigh
taking tests for fun


Return to “2018 Study Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest