Remote Sensing C

geniusjohn5
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Remote Sensing C

Post by geniusjohn5 »

rigelbetaorionis wrote:Sorry to jump in, but I was wondering if there was any set database of remote sensing terms and general concepts to understand. As a kinda noob to this event (I've done it before but I don't understand any of it :cry:), I've been hard-pressed to find a good reliable source of stuff to learn. It sort of seems like everything is just being thrown at me randomly and when I finally get one concept there's like 3-4 more that are somewhat related but also totally different and confusing! For example, I have notes on most of the satellites but I just found out about different bands today :?. Any ideas/help/tips?
I can totally relate. To give me two cents: one, basically what knottingpurple said above^. Also, I advise watching some basic Remote Sensing Youtube videos. They helped me a lot.
The biologist speculates, "What's the meaning of life?"
The physicist asks, "In the universe, does matter really matter?"
The chemist replies, "I shall find solutions to both questions."
knottingpurple
Division: Grad
State: NJ

Post by knottingpurple »

So this is something I've been meaning to post here for a while and it's not completely relevant to the event but as far as I'm concerned it's very cool so if anyone is interested... https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing!

For my AP Lit class we had to make a presentation on an allusion so I talked about how the Jason Satellites are named as a reference to Jason and the Argonauts because I love this event and there it is <3
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
Alex-RCHS
State: NC

Post by Alex-RCHS »

knottingpurple's presentation wrote:In conclusion satellites and oceans are both really awesome thanks
Honestly this is the best way to conclude a presentation
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022
theta27

Post by theta27 »

Not really sure if this is the right place for this but...with what event does remote sensing rotate? This was my first year doing remote sensing and absolutely loved the event so i want to know what events are similar to it.
knottingpurple

Post by knottingpurple »

theta27 wrote:Not really sure if this is the right place for this but...with what event does remote sensing rotate? This was my first year doing remote sensing and absolutely loved the event so i want to know what events are similar to it.
I think it rotates with geomapping?
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

theta27 wrote:Not really sure if this is the right place for this but...with what event does remote sensing rotate? This was my first year doing remote sensing and absolutely loved the event so i want to know what events are similar to it.
Remote Sensing rotates every two years with Geologic Mapping. Source
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
EdwardMMNT
State: IL

Post by EdwardMMNT »

It's a shame Remote is rotating out! Remote Sensing is such a great event with topics revolving around Climate Change and its contributing factors as well as satellites and the actual process of satellite imaging. Mixed in are various physics concepts that are truly interesting. There is such a diversity of interesting topics that I think Remote is one of the best events (perhaps ever?) and it is severely underrated.
New Trier Scioly
Marie Murphy 2012-2015
2017 Events || Disease Detectives, Remote Sensing, Forensics, Towers
rigelbetaorionis
State: MN

Post by rigelbetaorionis »

It's rotating out next year?? :cry:
Astro
RemSen
<3
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by whythelongface »

Remote is confirmed to be rotating out with Geologic Mapping I think, and Rocks and Minerals will once again be swapped by fossils. 'Tis a sad life.
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
Alex-RCHS
State: NC

Post by Alex-RCHS »

whythelongface wrote:Remote is confirmed to be rotating out with Geologic Mapping I think, and Rocks and Minerals will once again be swapped by fossils. 'Tis a sad life.
Microbe Mission is being replaced :cry: By an event with a name that I absolutely DESPISE, no less.

Hmmm, to get back onto the topic of remsen. The rules are kind of unclear on what we need to know for satellites. Are detailed satellite info questions limited to these satellites?: GOES-16, Suomi NPP, TOPEX/Poseidon, Jason-1, Jason-3, OCO-2, CALIPSO, CloudSat, and Aura. Also, did I get the spelling/capitalization right on all of those? (I know that some satellites go through name changes)
About me!
Raleigh Charter HS (NC) 2018
UNC-Chapel Hill 2022

Return to “2018 Study Events”