bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Road Scholar B

Post by bernard »

"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA
Has thanked: 0

Re: Road Scholar B

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

Really, no posts here yet?

Just to start on some discussion, I noticed the rules included a new section on Satellite and Internet maps; I think they're going for more of a Remote Sensing thing, and perhaps to make the event seem more relevant. Thoughts?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
Diego
Been thanked: 0

Post by Diego »

I have noticed that to........It seems like they are trying to embrace twenty first century tech............Do you thing we will be able to access some sort of electronic device? The rules say that you cant bring any devices. So will they have some sort of device?
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: C
State: NY

Post by NeilMehta »

Diego wrote:I have noticed that to........It seems like they are trying to embrace twenty first century tech............Do you thing we will be able to access some sort of electronic device? The rules say that you cant bring any devices. So will they have some sort of device?
Pretty much all the tests are written on paper - I don’t really see an opportunity to use devices
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
Diego

Post by Diego »

Ok. Thanks. :D :D
Diego

Road Scholar B

Post by Diego »

https://goo.gl/images/B4ZE3c

This is Menodcino County
Its nickname is Mendo Its population is 87,649as of 2015
The main highway is CA-1 Its only Science Olympiad team in the county is Pomolita Middle School
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Post by dxu46 »

Diego wrote:https://goo.gl/images/B4ZE3c

This is Menodcino County
Its nickname is Mendo Its population is 87,649as of 2015
The main highway is CA-1 Its only Science Olympiad team in the county is Pomolita Middle School
Is this supposed to be a question? If so, please post it on the Road Scholar Question Marathons (without the answers).

Also, these questions are slightly unorthodox. I don't think you have to know about different SciOly teams in different regions ( ;) ) and it would be rather hard to memorize all of the counties in every state :D !

These questions have some real potential! If you provided a topographic map (has a division between Mendocino and ____ county) and a highway map (has population), these questions would be a great contribution to the forums!
BasuSiddha23
State: PA

Post by BasuSiddha23 »

Does anyone happen to know any reliable sources on interpreting aerial images while we're on the subject? What does it mean when it says the satellite images will be in the visible light spectrum? Does it just mean we'll be able to see them?
Eagle View MS (2017-2019)
Cumberland Valley HS (2019-present)
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

BasuSiddha23 wrote:What does it mean when it says the satellite images will be in the visible light spectrum? Does it just mean we'll be able to see them?
It means you won't get non-visible wavelengths mapped to the RGB channels (which is common in Remote Sensing). You can Google "NIR plants satellite" and look through the images for examples of false color images (specifically, those with NIR>R, R>G, G>B).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Diego

Post by Diego »

Sorry!!!I will post there in the futer. :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “2018 Study Events”