whythelongface wrote:1. Describe the action of lysozyme on a bacterial cell.
2. How do molecules access a gram-negative bacterial cell through the layers of the membrane?
3. What is LPS, and what role does it play in the body's immune response?
4. Explain the difference between an endo- and exotoxin.
5. Name two major components of gram-positive walls, excluding peptidoglycan.
6. What two molecules is peptidoglycan composed of?
7. Why do bacteria produce antibiotics?
8. Penicillins, cephalosporins, and chloramphenicols are beta-lactam antibiotics. Describe their action.
9. What does "wide spectrum" mean in the context of antibiotics?
I had this typed out but forgot to submit it so I had to redo it :/. Hopefully it’s not all wrong