This might be a little too specific
Scenario: A 28 year old man returning from a visit to the Middle East is complaining of abdominal pain, loss of appetite, fever, and intestinal blockage. Further testing reveals a palpable mass near the right Iliac fossa. It was suspected that the man had acute appendicitis and as a result, was opened up for an appendectomy. Following the incision, an unusual view lay before the doctors. A resection exam was then performed, revealing epithelioid granulomas along with necrosis as well as langerhans giant cells. The surgeons involved were immediately put into quarantine, along with the patient himself.
1. What disease did the man have?
2. What is the agent that causes the disease (domain and specific scientific name)
3. What medications should be prescribed?
4. What are some common side effects of these medications?
5. What are risk factors for this disease?
6. What risk factors are present in this specific case?
7. What signs and symptoms present helped the doctors diagnose the disease?