Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 636
Joined: February 17th, 2017, 10:46 am
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: probably somewhere crying
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Anomaly » March 25th, 2018, 10:35 am

Uh I guess I'll start this back up again?
1. What cells produce surfactant?
2. Which respiratory structures are part of the conducting zone?
3. What is the function of pancreatic juice?
4. What is the function of intrinsic factor and which cells is it secreted by?
5. Which type of immune response is most directly effective against bacteria?
6. Explain the steps of the inflammatory response.
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

User avatar
venules
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 73
Joined: January 7th, 2018, 2:32 pm
Division: Grad
State: NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by venules » March 27th, 2018, 6:11 pm

1. Type II alveolar cells
2. nose/nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles
3. to break down proteins and starch/carbohydrates
4. Intrinsic factor is secreted by the parietal cells of the stomach and it is needed to produce vitamin B12.
5. specific/adaptive immunity
6. Infection occurs > histamines released to site of infection > blood vessels dilate > ?
NCSO Alumna, '13-19 | Duke University '23

The48thYoshi
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: March 25th, 2017, 3:11 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by The48thYoshi » April 6th, 2018, 11:56 am

I guess I’ll give some questions?
1. What is the function of steapsin?
2. Where it is produced?
3. What is another name for it?
4. What digestive enzyme is found exclusively in babies?
5. What does it do?
6. What enzyme replaces it with age?
7. What type of cells is it produced by?
aeshs ‘22

strawberryy
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: April 5th, 2018, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by strawberryy » April 8th, 2018, 10:27 am

*deleted*

User avatar
Nano1llus10n
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Nano1llus10n » April 23rd, 2018, 7:16 pm

The48thYoshi wrote:I guess I’ll give some questions?
1. What is the function of steapsin?
2. Where it is produced?
3. What is another name for it?
4. What digestive enzyme is found exclusively in babies?
5. What does it do?
6. What enzyme replaces it with age?
7. What type of cells is it produced by?
1. to break up triacylglycerols into glycerol and fatty acids
2. pancreas
3. triacylglycerol lipase
4. rennin
5. coagulates milk
6. pepsin
7. chief cells
[b]Event:[/b] MIT/R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 8/3/2/26
[b]Helicopters:[/b] 11/-/2/43
[b]Microbe Mission:[/b] 13/2/2/8
[b]Event:[/b] R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 1/2/8
[b]Designer Genes:[/b] 1/2/4
[b]Protein Modeling:[/b] 1/3/2
[b]Wright Stuff:[/b] 2/2/9


Seven Lakes High School '21

The48thYoshi
Member
Member
Posts: 113
Joined: March 25th, 2017, 3:11 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by The48thYoshi » April 23rd, 2018, 7:34 pm

Nano1llus10n wrote:
The48thYoshi wrote:I guess I’ll give some questions?
1. What is the function of steapsin?
2. Where it is produced?
3. What is another name for it?
4. What digestive enzyme is found exclusively in babies?
5. What does it do?
6. What enzyme replaces it with age?
7. What type of cells is it produced by?
1. to break up triacylglycerols into glycerol and fatty acids
2. pancreas
3. triacylglycerol lipase
4. rennin
5. coagulates milk
6. pepsin
7. chief cells
Correct. Your turn
aeshs ‘22

User avatar
Nano1llus10n
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Nano1llus10n » April 23rd, 2018, 8:12 pm

Name the 9 respiratory volumes/capacities and give a brief description for each
[b]Event:[/b] MIT/R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 8/3/2/26
[b]Helicopters:[/b] 11/-/2/43
[b]Microbe Mission:[/b] 13/2/2/8
[b]Event:[/b] R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 1/2/8
[b]Designer Genes:[/b] 1/2/4
[b]Protein Modeling:[/b] 1/3/2
[b]Wright Stuff:[/b] 2/2/9


Seven Lakes High School '21

User avatar
Limke
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 5:47 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Limke » April 24th, 2018, 10:21 am

Nano1llus10n wrote:Name the 9 respiratory volumes/capacities and give a brief description for each
There's only 8 on a spirometry graph, so I'm not sure if these are the 9 you were looking for 1. Tidal Volume- air in and out of a normal cycle
2. Inspiratory Reserve - Max air inhaled after normal inhalation
3. Expiratory Reserve- Max air exhaled after normal exhalation
4. Residual Volume- Air left after max exhalation
5. Vital Capacity- Max air breathed out after max inhalation
6. Total Lung Capacity- All the air in the lungs at max inspiration
7. Functional Residual- Volume in lungs after exhalation
8. Inspiratory Capacity- sum of IRV and TV
9. Anatomic Dead Space- air that never reaches the Alveoli
2019 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Designer Genes, Forensics, Protein Modeling.

2020 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Protein Modeling, Forensics, Sounds of Music

do not eat the forensics powders

User avatar
Nano1llus10n
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: May 26th, 2017, 4:10 pm
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Nano1llus10n » April 24th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Limke wrote:
Nano1llus10n wrote:Name the 9 respiratory volumes/capacities and give a brief description for each
There's only 8 on a spirometry graph, so I'm not sure if these are the 9 you were looking for 1. Tidal Volume- air in and out of a normal cycle
2. Inspiratory Reserve - Max air inhaled after normal inhalation
3. Expiratory Reserve- Max air exhaled after normal exhalation
4. Residual Volume- Air left after max exhalation
5. Vital Capacity- Max air breathed out after max inhalation
6. Total Lung Capacity- All the air in the lungs at max inspiration
7. Functional Residual- Volume in lungs after exhalation
8. Inspiratory Capacity- sum of IRV and TV
9. Anatomic Dead Space- air that never reaches the Alveoli
That's correct! Sorry about that, I accidentally counted one of them twice.
[b]Event:[/b] MIT/R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 8/3/2/26
[b]Helicopters:[/b] 11/-/2/43
[b]Microbe Mission:[/b] 13/2/2/8
[b]Event:[/b] R/S/N
[b]Anatomy and Physiology:[/b] 1/2/8
[b]Designer Genes:[/b] 1/2/4
[b]Protein Modeling:[/b] 1/3/2
[b]Wright Stuff:[/b] 2/2/9


Seven Lakes High School '21

User avatar
Limke
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: February 28th, 2018, 5:47 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy and Physiology B/C

Post by Limke » April 24th, 2018, 6:46 pm

I'll post some questions!

1) What is the FEV1/FVC Ratio? What does it determine?
2) What do the Vagus & Phrenic nerve do?
3) What happens during T Cell selection and why is it necessary?
4) What are the 3 types of Alveolar cells and their functions?
5) What is the difference between professional and non-professional APCs?
6) What are the sacs in the large intestine called? What about the long bands of muscle?
7) How are fats/lipids digested?
2019 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Designer Genes, Forensics, Protein Modeling.

2020 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Protein Modeling, Forensics, Sounds of Music

do not eat the forensics powders

Locked

Return to “2018 Question Marathons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest