Write It Do It Practice

Test your knowledge of various Science Olympiad events.
zannash
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Write It Do It Practice

Post by zannash »

This event is for people who want to practice for Write It Do It. We will host the event up until regionals start. This is community run and unofficial.

In order to keep the event running we need builds. Post builds under spoilers so our doers don't get a glimpse. Make sure you have a lot of clear pictures to make up for the fact that you can't actually see the object. Post a material list outside the spoiler. Make sure the materials are pretty easy to get and not too specific.

As for writers you can pick a build and write your thing on it. Make sure to label which build you wrote it for and whether or not you followed the time limit. You cannot write about your own build.

Lastly, we have the doers. Use someone's writing to build something. Get the materials and do!! Afterwards, check the spoiler to see what you got right. If you can, contact the writer to tell them how they might improve.

This is the first time I have ever tried hosting an event like this, so we will see how it goes. I am both a writer and a doer, so I will try to be active myself.
dannyjones

Re: Write It Do It Practice

Post by dannyjones »

zannash wrote:This event is for people who want to practice for Write It Do It. We will host the event up until regionals start. This is community run and unofficial.

In order to keep the event running we need builds. Post builds under spoilers so our doers don't get a glimpse. Make sure you have a lot of clear pictures to make up for the fact that you can't actually see the object. Post a material list outside the spoiler. Make sure the mws materials are pretty easy to get and not too specific.

As for writers you can pick a build and write your thing on it. Make sure to label which build you wrote it for and whether or not you followed the time limit. You cannot write about your own build.

Lastly, we have the doers. Use someone's writing to build something. Get the materials and do!! Afterwards, check the spoiler to see what you got right. If you can, contact the writer to tell them how they might improve.

This is the first time I have ever tried hosting an event like this, so we will see how it goes. I am both a writer and a doer, so I will try to be active myself.
Thanks zannash for giving this information...
pbjay
Division: B
State: FL

Post by pbjay »

what happened to this forum page
2018 Events: Meteorology (2nd Regionals, 10th States), Fast Facts, Wright Stuff
2019 Events: Dynamic Planet (1st Regionals), Meteorology (1st Regionals), Elastic Launched Glider (2nd Regionals), Disease Detectives (4th Regionals).
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

pbjay wrote:what happened to this forum page
It probably died.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.

Return to “2018 Question Marathons”