Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Invitationals for Division C for 2018-2019

Post by dcrxcode »

venules wrote:Duke was supposed to host an invitational in the 2017-2018 season, but according to NCSO, it’s been postponed to 2019, so fingers crossed. There may be other invitationals in the works in Charlotte or NC in general.
Duke is planning for an invitational in January 2019.
daydreamer0023

Post by daydreamer0023 »

dcrxcode wrote:
venules wrote:Duke was supposed to host an invitational in the 2017-2018 season, but according to NCSO, it’s been postponed to 2019, so fingers crossed. There may be other invitationals in the works in Charlotte or NC in general.
...And it's slated for January 19th...which is probably the same weekend as MIT... :'(
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale." - Marie Curie

Enloe '19 || UNC Chapel Hill '23

See resources I helped create here!
venules
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NC
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by venules »

Where did you find the information about Duke? @daydreamer & dcrxcode
Last edited by venules on May 26th, 2018, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCSO Alumna, '13-19 | Duke University '23
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

venules wrote:Where did you find the information about Duke? @daydreamer & dcrxcode
FTFY (Hehe, dreamcatcher)
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

daydreamer0023 wrote:
dcrxcode wrote:
...And it's slated for January 19th...which is probably the same weekend as MIT... :'(
Hopefully MIT is the weekend after, there are already many invites planned for the 19th. Notably, Centerville moved away from the 26th, which cuts down on conflicts.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by dcrxcode »

Tailsfan101 wrote:
venules wrote:Where did you find the information about Duke? @daydreamer & dcrxcode
FTFY (Hehe, dreamcatcher)
I know people on the eboard, but I think it has also been listed online in other places (as Unome has found).
Unome wrote:
daydreamer0023 wrote:
dcrxcode wrote:
Hopefully MIT is the weekend after, there are already many invites planned for the 19th. Notably, Centerville moved away from the 26th, which cuts down on conflicts.
I know Duke chose this date because they aren't yet back from winter break the week before and the first NC regional is the first weekend in February, and they wanted a week of break between their invite and the regional. January is a bit of a busy time for SciOly, but I don't see many ways to change that, especially for the states that have February regionals and early March state tournaments.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Everyone posting dates here also has the capability to edit the wiki - I can't be doing all of that ;)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
pajobubo
Division: C
State: MO

Post by pajobubo »

I know Clayton high school (the high school wydown feeds into) is wanting to host an invite next year in December. That would be in St. Louis. Nothing is official yet but eventually there might be an interest form
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by dxu46 »

pajobubo wrote:I know Clayton high school (the high school wydown feeds into) is wanting to host an invite next year in December. That would be in St. Louis. Nothing is official yet but eventually there might be an interest form
Would this be division C only?
kelei
State: NC

Post by kelei »

dcrxcode wrote:
Do you know if this is Div B or C? The wiki list says B but I've heard Duke referred to as a C tournament.
Gneiss to meet you.

[2019] Disease, Fossils, Dynamic [2018] Disease, Rocks, Herp, Dynamic [2017] Disease, Rocks [2016] Disease, Dynamic [2015] Disease, Dynamic, WIDI [2014] Disease, Dynamic, Water Quality

Return to “2019 Invitationals”