Registration is closed for the LISO Invitational (formerly referred to as the Islip Invitational). Waitlist is open with a couple of teams included. Payment for registered teams due by 10/23. Will post more information in the coming weeks, including a schedule and team numbers. Summary of tentative schools, finalized once payment received.
Long Island - Nassau (17) Division Avenue (2)
Great Neck South (2)
JFK Bellmore (1)
St Dominic (1)
Long Island - Suffolk (18) Islip (3)
Ward Melville (2)
Bay Shore (2)
HHH East (2)
HHH West (1)
West Babylon (2)
Hampton Bays (1)
St. Anthony's (1)
NYC (10) Brooklyn Tech (2)
SI Tech (2)
Leon Goldstein (2)
Townsend Harris (1)
John Bowne HS (1)
Bronx School of Science (1)
Connecticut (2) Staples (2)
Upstate NYS (6) Tappan Zee (2)
Pearl River (1)
JFK Catholic (1)
At what time could we expect a decision on whether or not Islip will be cancelled? Google is predicting 5-8 inches of snow in Islip tomorrow but it would be useful to know what the competition is officially deciding.
"She was determined to drop his acquaintance immediately, and she was very thankful that she had never been acquainted with him at all... she hated him so much that she was resolved never to mention his name again, and she should tell everybody she saw, how good-for-nothing he was."
The email we were sent about the invitational being cancelled also said that excepting the amount that had been already spent on competition materials, etc, teams would receive a refund of their registration fees, as well as a copy of the tests.
--knottingpurple, but I don't have my password memorized so whythelongface logged in for me
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]
"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."
Congratulations to WW-P South for winning 14th place at Nationals!
Our deepest apologies that we had to cancel the tournament for this weekend. Our utmost concern was the safety of everyone getting to our site and then being able to get home on the roads.
With that being said, an email was just sent to the coaches for the attending teams. We are investigating the possibility of hosting next weekend. We didn't think that it would be possible, but with the generosity of our theater arts department, we should be able to host the event next weekend with schedule modifications. We are in the process of hashing out the details now, but we would need to determine which of the participating teams would be able to attend next week. We understand that it is short notice right before the holidays, and we don't know if teams have made commitments with other invitational competitions. But if we could get an estimate of how many teams may be able to attend, we may be able to make this work.