Islip Invitational 2017 (LISO Invitational)

Area to advertise for your competitions!
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Islip Invitational 2017 (LISO Invitational)

Post by Froggie »

Reeflifer wrote:If Islip is being rescheduled to next week, would the event timing be the same? Also when would we be able to know? Thanks.
terence.tan wrote:I really hope so because 1 week is not enough to prepare for another event that you havent done before
islipscioly wrote:Islip is officially cancelled and will not be rescheduled for any other date.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
knottingpurple
Division: Grad
State: NJ

Post by knottingpurple »

Froggie wrote:
Reeflifer wrote:If Islip is being rescheduled to next week, would the event timing be the same? Also when would we be able to know? Thanks.
terence.tan wrote:I really hope so because 1 week is not enough to prepare for another event that you havent done before
islipscioly wrote:Islip is officially cancelled and will not be rescheduled for any other date.
That was the original statement but then they changed it:
islipscioly wrote:We are investigating the possibility of hosting next weekend. We didn't think that it would be possible, but with the generosity of our theater arts department, we should be able to host the event next weekend with schedule modifications.
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
masterm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by masterm »

I hope they maintain the same schedule as originally planned. It wouldn’t make sense to rearrange all the event times in relation to one another, causing teams to scramble to fit people into new events they haven’t done before with less than a week’s notice. Hopefully everything will go as originally scheduled, the only difference being the date it’s all held!

As for the “schedule modifications” I’m hoping that only means times for registration, award ceremony, etc...
GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by GoldenKnight1 »

masterm wrote:I hope they maintain the same schedule as originally planned. It wouldn’t make sense to rearrange all the event times in relation to one another, causing teams to scramble to fit people into new events they haven’t done before with less than a week’s notice. Hopefully everything will go as originally scheduled, the only difference being the date it’s all held!

As for the “schedule modifications” I’m hoping that only means times for registration, award ceremony, etc...
I could see them not changing the schedule but rather just reducing the number blocks that an event is run from 6 to 4 or 5 based on how many teams are still attending. So if you were in group F maybe they move you to group B now to make it easier for Event Supervisors. Your team would have the same conflicts except for signup events. But I bet if they lost that many teams there would be some open slots to move your signup events to.
islipscioly
State: NY

Post by islipscioly »

I am currently investigating multiple options; however, the number of blocks of either would be reduced because of the predicted smaller number of teams. Once I have a better understanding of how many teams will be in attendance, I will release that information.
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Froggie »

knottingpurple wrote:
Froggie wrote:
islipscioly wrote:We are investigating the possibility of hosting next weekend. We didn't think that it would be possible, but with the generosity of our theater arts department, we should be able to host the event next weekend with schedule modifications.
Oh my bad.
But how did I get the quote if they changed it?
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie
knottingpurple
State: NJ

Post by knottingpurple »

Froggie wrote:
knottingpurple wrote:
Froggie wrote:
Oh my bad.
Oh sorry, I didn't mean that they changed their original post. They just changed what was going to happen, and made another post with the updated information, and that second post was what I was quoting from.
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
Froggie
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Froggie »

knottingpurple wrote:
Froggie wrote:
knottingpurple wrote:
Oh my bad.
Oh sorry, I didn't mean that they changed their original post. They just changed what was going to happen, and made another post with the updated information, and that second post was what I was quoting from.
Ohhhhhh
And I just realized that the other one was from Piggy... :oops:
- Froggie
islipscioly

Post by islipscioly »

Regardless of the schedule, we will need to see how many teams will be in attendance ASAP so that we can ascertain whether enough teams will be present to run all of the events. If the team coach has not responded yet, please encourage them to do so tonight or early tomorrow so that we can get everything together quickly for the reschedule.
islipscioly

Post by islipscioly »

We are a go for Saturday. The coaches received an email with revised schedule. Ezra will reopen at 5pm for new event sign-ups based on the revisions.

Schedule: https://goo.gl/5QGpMM

Return to “2018 Invitationals”