2018 Princeton University Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: 2018 Princeton University Invitational

Post by pikachu4919 »

WhatScience? wrote:
fanjiatian wrote:The schedule will again closely mirror that of Nationals and should be released in the next two weeks. We are still deciding what we want to do with Disease and Fermi.
Just a suggestion...try and get XPD into one of the earlier slots.
The nationals schedule already *tries to do that, so I'm sure they would too :P

Anyways on a more serious note, I'm planning on going bc I want to a) help out, b) see what invites are like outside of the midwest, and c) to meet up with my awesome friends that will be there too! Can't wait for it!

*edit: I mean "tries to do that" because honestly, it'd probably be logistically impossible to fit all the ExDes teams into one slot in the morning
Last edited by pikachu4919 on November 1st, 2017, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
knottingpurple
State: NJ

Post by knottingpurple »

pikachu4919 wrote: Anyways on a more serious note, I'm planning on going bc I want to a) help out, b) see what invites are like outside of the midwest, and c) to meet up with my awesome friends that will be there too! Can't wait for it!
You're also coming because you need to try Bent Spoon ice cream because it is the best ice cream in the world I swear!

But yes I'm very excited that you're coming. And very excited to drag you to my favorite ice cream shop.
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by whythelongface »

knottingpurple wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote: Anyways on a more serious note, I'm planning on going bc I want to a) help out, b) see what invites are like outside of the midwest, and c) to meet up with my awesome friends that will be there too! Can't wait for it!
You're also coming because you need to try Bent Spoon ice cream because it is the best ice cream in the world I swear!

But yes I'm very excited that you're coming. And very excited to drag you to my favorite ice cream shop.
I've actually never been there either, so this may be a first for me as well. We'll give you a warm welcome!
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
WhatScience?
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WhatScience? »

knottingpurple wrote:

What is this nonsense. Halo's Pub is the best ice cream place in Princeton. Saying anything else is blasphemy.
knottingpurple

Post by knottingpurple »

WhatScience? wrote:
knottingpurple wrote:

What is this nonsense. Halo's Pub is the best ice cream place in Princeton. Saying anything else is blasphemy.
Halo Pub does not have basil ice cream, or Earl Grey tea sorbet, or blueberry mascarpone ice cream, or dark chocolate sorbet, or anything especially exciting. Thomas Sweet and Halo Pub are both perfectly acceptable places to eat perfectly ordinary ice cream, but they don't have the most amazing menu which changes practically every week where none of the flavors are anything you could have invented but they're all delicious and... I will defend my favorite ice cream place to the death, I'm sorry.

Also, ditto for Halo Pub hot chocolate - I'll drink it if I just want hot chocolate, but Bent Spoon hot chocolate is so rich and the habanero one makes my mouth water just thinking about it and that's the one I'd cross the world to find, even if there's nothing particularly wrong with Halo Pub.

(Is this discussion considered to have gone too off topic, should I not argue about this? I'm sorry...)
WWP South, graduated 2018
Current undegrad in physics @Oxford University
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

pikachu4919 wrote:Anyways on a more serious note, I'm planning on going bc I want to a) help out, b) see what invites are like outside of the midwest, and c) to meet up with my awesome friends that will be there too! Can't wait for it!
I might be coming as well! Hope to see you there!

EDIT: I will be attending Princeton Invitational 2018 as an Event Supervisor.
Last edited by windu34 on January 18th, 2018, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

windu34 wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:Anyways on a more serious note, I'm planning on going bc I want to a) help out, b) see what invites are like outside of the midwest, and c) to meet up with my awesome friends that will be there too! Can't wait for it!
Wooooo- ACT testing tho :(
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
pikachu4919

Post by pikachu4919 »

Raleway wrote:
windu34 wrote:
So you won’t be there?!
Carmel HS (IN) '16

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Raleway
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Raleway »

pikachu4919 wrote:
Raleway wrote:
windu34 wrote: I might be coming as well! Hope to see you there!
So you won’t be there?!
An ACT wrench was thrown
Sleep is for the week; one only needs it once a week :!: :geek: :roll: :?: :idea:

God bless Len Joeris | Balsaman
pikachu4919

Post by pikachu4919 »

Raleway wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:
Raleway wrote:
So you won’t be there?!
An ACT wrench was thrown
:cry: :cry: :cry: good luck on the ACT tho! (Actually, if you’re going to MIT, I guess I’ll see you there anyways)
Carmel HS (IN) '16

MY CABBAGES!

Return to “2018 Invitationals”