Ohio 2018

alylam
Division: C
State: OH

Re: Ohio 2018

Postby alylam » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm

ScottMaurer19 wrote:
alylam wrote:
Alex-RCHS wrote:That's a good point. By "put in their all" do you mean on the actual day of the tournament, or in the days/weeks immediately prior?
Also, if you don't mind me asking are you from Mason or Mentor? (or some other "MHS" in OH?)

A few unrelated things:
- I just "manually stacked" Mason's and Solon's Sylvania Northview results and got 108 for Mason and 160 for Solon.
- Chardon A placed 27th at Westlake?!?! Despite a 5th place finish at states last year.

I meant a bit of both "day of" and in prep, but was generally referring to the end of the season with States. Also, I'm from Mason.

Congrats on the win at Westlake! See you again at MIT :)

Thanks! it was p unexpected tbh, I assumed 3rd or 4th. We didn't even get a team photo which is honestly the biggest loss. And yea, see you in 2 weeks :D
Mason High School '18

OhNo
State: -

Postby OhNo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Alex-RCHS wrote:
alylam wrote:there's a definite potential of burn out for teams from the beginning of the season so that by the end they might be prepared but don't have the energy to put in their all. For Solon I feel like they start off on a good foot in specific events and just work slow and steady for their others.

That's a good point. By "put in their all" do you mean on the actual day of the tournament, or in the days/weeks immediately prior?
Also, if you don't mind me asking are you from Mason or Mentor? (or some other "MHS" in OH?)

A few unrelated things:
- I just "manually stacked" Mason's and Solon's Sylvania Northview results and got 108 for Mason and 160 for Solon.
- Chardon A placed 27th at Westlake?!?! Despite a 5th place finish at states last year.

It should be noted that Chardon scratched almost every building event.

zannash
Division: B

Postby zannash » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 pm

And then theres my team........ Copley-Fairlawn. We never do good at our first invitational.
2017-2018 Events:Disease Detectives, Solar System, Experimental Design, Write It do it, ecology

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am from Copley-Fairlawn Middle school.

19sawickin
State: PA

Postby 19sawickin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:14 am

Does anyone out there know the status of the Kenston Invitational? There's supposed to be some pretty bad weather around Cleveland this weekend so what are the odds that it'll be canceled? Wouldn't want to drive all the way from Pittsburgh to be stuck and not even competing.

nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad

Postby nicholasmaurer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 pm

19sawickin wrote:Does anyone out there know the status of the Kenston Invitational? There's supposed to be some pretty bad weather around Cleveland this weekend so what are the odds that it'll be canceled? Wouldn't want to drive all the way from Pittsburgh to be stuck and not even competing.

So far they have not cancelled... I'm hoping they stay the course and still hold the event. Most of the local teams will face the weather to attend.
Assistant Coach and Alumni - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Co-Director - Northeast Ohio Region

19sawickin

Postby 19sawickin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:14 am

nicholasmaurer wrote:
19sawickin wrote:Does anyone out there know the status of the Kenston Invitational? There's supposed to be some pretty bad weather around Cleveland this weekend so what are the odds that it'll be canceled? Wouldn't want to drive all the way from Pittsburgh to be stuck and not even competing.

So far they have not cancelled... I'm hoping they stay the course and still hold the event. Most of the local teams will face the weather to attend.

Unfortunately, Shady Side is not local, so our Div C team will not be attending. Our Div B team as of now sounds like they're still going to be there though haha... We will have access to the tests even though we are not attending, correct?

WhatScience?
State: NJ

Postby WhatScience? » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 am

19sawickin wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:

Unfortunately, Shady Side is not local, so our Div C team will not be attending. Our Div B team as of now sounds like they're still going to be there though haha... We will have access to the tests even though we are not attending, correct?

There's an invitational called shady side....

Sounds shady

:P
"When you clean your room, you are increasing the total chaos of the universe" - Hank Green Crash Course (Entropy)

Events 2018

Thermodynamics, Potions and Poisons, Disease Detectives, Optics, and Towers

Froggie

Postby Froggie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 am

19sawickin wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:

Div B will try to attend, as long as the invite isn’t cancelled. Our coach is letting people not go if they don’t want to because of the snow.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

pb5754[]

Postby pb5754[] » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:58 am

WhatScience? wrote:
19sawickin wrote:
nicholasmaurer wrote:

There's an invitational called shady side....

Sounds shady

:P

I think his/her school is Shady Side Academy... :?:

Randomperson11

Postby Randomperson11 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:30 pm

In the sylvania-northview invitational, tower heights got 153 score in wright stuff...

even with a 15% bonus, that's 2 mnutes, 13 seconds in a 20ft gym!

how?
Doing Wright Stuff, Hovercraft, and Solar System for 2018.

I go to NJ.

cwsarg

Postby cwsarg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 pm

According to my coach, Kenston is still happening, but the start of competition has been delayed to 9:30 instead of 8:30. Now, if only we could get our school to give us busses...

Froggie

Postby Froggie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Shady Side Div B will be attending Kenston (although some people have dropped out).
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

Pettywap

Postby Pettywap » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:07 pm

SSA will not be going now >:(
"Who's Fettywap?"

23kimd

Postby 23kimd » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 pm

So sad that our shadyside’s first invitational this season is cancelled because we are from Pittburgh and can’t drive to Ohio because of the ice and snow.

Randomperson11

Postby Randomperson11 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 am

Randomperson11 wrote:In the sylvania-northview invitational, tower heights got 153 score in wright stuff...

even with a 15% bonus, that's 2 mnutes, 13 seconds in a 20ft gym!

how?

Did anyone see this flight?
Doing Wright Stuff, Hovercraft, and Solar System for 2018.

I go to NJ.

Return to “Regionals and States”