Washington 2018

User avatar
Macgyver
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 9:24 pm
Division: C
State: WA
Location: Building something
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Macgyver » December 1st, 2017, 1:28 pm

anybody know where I can get a small powerful magnet.
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2077
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 118 times
Contact:

Re: Washington 2018

Post by bernard » December 1st, 2017, 1:35 pm

Macgyver wrote:anybody know where I can get a small powerful magnet.
You can get neodymium magnets from home improvement stores (such as Home Depot) and Amazon.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
Macgyver
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 9:24 pm
Division: C
State: WA
Location: Building something
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Macgyver » December 1st, 2017, 1:54 pm

bernard wrote:
Macgyver wrote:anybody know where I can get a small powerful magnet.
You can get neodymium magnets from home improvement stores (such as Home Depot) and Amazon.
cool thanks, I need one or two for our electromagnet for Mission Possible. (I'm also using a battery)
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2077
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 118 times
Contact:

Re: Washington 2018

Post by bernard » December 1st, 2017, 2:07 pm

Macgyver wrote:
bernard wrote:
Macgyver wrote:anybody know where I can get a small powerful magnet.
You can get neodymium magnets from home improvement stores (such as Home Depot) and Amazon.
cool thanks, I need one or two for our electromagnet for Mission Possible. (I'm also using a battery)
Why does your electromagnet need a strong magnet?
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

User avatar
Macgyver
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 9:24 pm
Division: C
State: WA
Location: Building something
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Macgyver » December 1st, 2017, 2:09 pm

bernard wrote:
Macgyver wrote:
bernard wrote: You can get neodymium magnets from home improvement stores (such as Home Depot) and Amazon.
cool thanks, I need one or two for our electromagnet for Mission Possible. (I'm also using a battery)
Why does your electromagnet need a strong magnet?
winch pulling up the magnets, while pulling something.
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!

User avatar
Snarknado
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 8:24 pm
Division: C
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Snarknado » December 4th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Is anyone going to be at the Camas Division B Invitational? I believe I'm going to be running LEAF.
Raisbeck Aviation High School Wiki
Snarknado's Userpage
"All we can do now is pray to Hot Glue Cthulu"

User avatar
Kyanite
Member
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: November 6th, 2017, 8:43 am
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Kyanite » December 5th, 2017, 8:53 am

Snarknado wrote:Is anyone going to be at the Camas Division B Invitational? I believe I'm going to be running LEAF.
I will be there, have to proctor the Herpetology test.

User avatar
Snarknado
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 8:24 pm
Division: C
State: WA
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Snarknado » December 6th, 2017, 8:40 pm

Kyanite wrote:
Snarknado wrote:Is anyone going to be at the Camas Division B Invitational? I believe I'm going to be running LEAF.
I will be there, have to proctor the Herpetology test.
Oh cool, pm me if you want to try to meet up. It's possible you might remember me as a guy from MRHS who ran by your tent at Hole in the Wall screaming that Aviation was gonna tear it up 8-)
Raisbeck Aviation High School Wiki
Snarknado's Userpage
"All we can do now is pray to Hot Glue Cthulu"

User avatar
Macgyver
Member
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: February 12th, 2017, 9:24 pm
Division: C
State: WA
Location: Building something
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Macgyver » December 7th, 2017, 11:16 am

I wonder why there are no Eastern WA invites? I know all the schools over here start late since we're apparently a winter sport, but come on.
Moses Lake High School Wiki:
2016-17- Chem Lab (4th), Write It Do It, Game On, WiFi Lab
2017-18- Hovercraft, Mousetrap Vehicle, Thermodynamics (2nd)
Go Washington!

User avatar
Kyanite
Member
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: November 6th, 2017, 8:43 am
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2018

Post by Kyanite » December 7th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Macgyver wrote:I wonder why there are no Eastern WA invites? I know all the schools over here start late since we're apparently a winter sport, but come on.
Cant imagine it would be easy to travel on icy roads. Perhaps travel is an issue?

Locked

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest