Georgia 2018

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Georgia 2018

Post by Unome »

Even though it's in Tennessee - good luck to everyone at Bearden tomorrow!
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Unome

Post by Unome »

Results from Bearden! Note that Bearden did not award their own team a trophy.

1. Bearden (91)
2. Dodgen A (102)
3. Fulton Science Academy A (104)
4. Cedar Springs A (136)
5. Vickery Creek A (138)
6. Bearden B (140)
7. Montgomery Bell Academy (159)
8. Fulton Science Academy B (166)
9. Vickery Creek B (190)
10. Cedar Springs B (212)
11. Northwest A (261)
12. Northwest B (280)
13. Bearden C (295)
14. Dodgen B (313)

Bearden seems strong this year and may do well at Nationals (though I hesitate to say much given their history). Dodgen and FSA are extremely close as usual, though FSA is on the losing side by a small margin (also as usual :| ). Vickery Creek seems rather weak, given that they won Friendship Christian last year (an out-of-state) and were pretty strong earlier in the season last year as well - their medals show a bit of splitting though. Dodgen's B team score is likely a result of them not bringing many people, since they almost never go to out of state invitationals.

Good luck to everyone at Chattahoochee next week!
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Unome

Post by Unome »

List of teams competing at Chattahoochee this weekend <insert hype face here>

Also, Georgia C is now one of the last three state tournaments without a date announced :cry:
Userpage

Unome

Post by Unome »

So yeah, due to Fulton County canceling all extracurriculars, the Chattahoochee Invitational tomorrow is canceled ...and after all this, the roads will probably be perfectly fine tomorrow :roll:

Next tournament is Brookwood on January 13th, which at this point might be the largest Division C invitational in the nation (depending on how big MIT is).
Userpage

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

Unome wrote:So yeah, due to Fulton County canceling all extracurriculars, the Chattahoochee Invitational tomorrow is canceled ...and after all this, the roads will probably be perfectly fine tomorrow :roll:

Next tournament is Brookwood on January 13th, which at this point might be the largest Division C invitational in the nation (depending on how big MIT is).
Don't feel bad Unome. It's going to snow ALL night. This that the makings of the best Georgia snowfall in my 16 winters here.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Unome

Post by Unome »

rfscoach wrote:
Unome wrote:So yeah, due to Fulton County canceling all extracurriculars, the Chattahoochee Invitational tomorrow is canceled ...and after all this, the roads will probably be perfectly fine tomorrow :roll:

Don't feel bad Unome. It's going to snow ALL night. This that the makings of the best Georgia snowfall in my 16 winters here.
Bigger than 2011 and 2014? (I've gotten them so confused, I can't remember which was the one that we had 6 days out of school from)
Userpage

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

Unome wrote:
rfscoach wrote:

Bigger than 2011 and 2014? (I've gotten them so confused, I can't remember which was the one that we had 6 days out of school from)
Many days out of school both times. 2011 Brookwood was cancelled. The problems in both were frozen roadways and waiting for things to melt due to no plows, road salt, etc.

The volume of snow is much greater this time over an extended period of time. Ground temp is warmer. I expected frozen neighborhood roads this morning, but the roads are pretty melty here.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
CaldwellBrownies
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CaldwellBrownies »

Unome wrote:
Any predictions on bisot yet? Six days until the tournament, and I'm frantically trying to patch up my binders for the events.
Gwinnett School of Math, Science, and Technology

2018 events: WIDI, Astro, Remote, Helicopters
Unome

Post by Unome »

CaldwellBrownies wrote:
Unome wrote:
Any predictions on bisot yet? Six days until the tournament, and I'm frantically trying to patch up my binders for the events.
Same here, I'm only halfway through my Herps binder.
Alpharetta (2)
Auburn (2)
Brookwood (4)
Cedar Springs Homeschool (1)
Chattahoochee (3)
Clinton (1)
Collins Hill (1)
Duluth (2)
Eagles Home Educators (1)
East Coweta (3)
Forsyth Central (3)
Fulton Science Academy (1)
GSMST (3)
Johns Creek (3)
Lambert (3)
Meadowcreek (2)
Mill Creek (1)
Milton (3)
Newnan (2)
North Gwinnett (2)
North Springs (2)
Northgate (2)
Northview (2)
Paideia (1)
Parkview (3)
Pope (1)
River Ridge (3)
South Forsyth (2)
Starr’s Mill (1)
Walton (2)
Westminster (2)
Whitewater (2)
Woodward (2)
My predictions:
1. Brookwood (~85)
2. GSMST (~110, depends on stacking)
3. Chattahoochee (~120)
4. Walton (~220)
5. Milton (~240)

Not very sure about point scores, since I don't know whether the points cutoff will change this year - since the tournament is now at 70 teams, and therefore tied with MIT for single-division size.
Userpage

CaldwellBrownies
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CaldwellBrownies »

Unome wrote:
CaldwellBrownies wrote:
Unome wrote:
My predictions:
1. Brookwood (~85)
2. GSMST (~110, depends on stacking)
3. Chattahoochee (~120)
4. Walton (~220)
5. Milton (~240)

Not very sure about point scores, since I don't know whether the points cutoff will change this year - since the tournament is now at 70 teams, and therefore tied with MIT for single-division size.
Pretty sure that GSMST will be stacking our A team. Also, are you sure that out-of-state teams will have that little influence on the competition?
Gwinnett School of Math, Science, and Technology

2018 events: WIDI, Astro, Remote, Helicopters

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”