anagene wrote:Any predictions for the last weekend of Regional Tournament in Georgia? I can't believe it's almost over - seems like it just started!
Georgia State University:
1. South Forsyth - Should win by a significant margin, even if they split like last year, especially after their strong performance at Chattahoochee.
2. Coleman - Probably the next most likely team to qualify, or at least the most successful at invitationals this year.
3. Campbell - Frequent state qualifier who typically finishes in the middle of the pack at state (besides the 6th place two years ago). Dodgen getting canceled due to snow makes predicting more difficult.
4. Radloff - I don't know much about most of these teams, I'm basically just guessing at this point - my justification for this being that Radloff has been to an invitational and is no longer a first-year team.
1. Oconee County - The probable winner based on their strong state results in recent years, but by no means certain.
2. Dickerson - Have been pretty strong at state, qualifying in 2015 after moving out of UNG-Gainesville.
3. Malcom Bridge - On the basis of recent state qualification.
4. Stephens County - Having decided to leave UNG-Gainesville, they should have a decent chance of qualifying. Might even be higher, except I'm not entirely sure how strong they are. Loganville could also contend for this spot.
1. Northview - Despite a decline last year, invitational results from this year are promising - they finished strongly at Brookwood despite somewhat split teams (composite score puts them rather solidly ahead of Westminster). Assuming no one else suddenly gains a lot of strength, they should be able to win.
2. McIntosh - Should be a relatively easy win, being the 5th place team at state last year, though by a very small margin (as is typical for basically all but the top 4 teams in most years, with GA C State's low points cutoff).
3. Eagles Home Educators - Stronger classes from Div B are here by now, and they qualified last year handily. Other contenders include Forsyth Central and (maybe) Chamblee Charter.
I haven't been able to find out anything regarding SGSC or Columbus State regionals so far.SciTeach wrote:Does anyone know who is advancing to state from the Division B regionals this weekend?