Michigan 2018

misciencenerd
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Michigan 2018

Post by misciencenerd »

After seeing everyone else's predictions (and having time to look at some results from competitions!) this is what I think will happen (I've never tried to make predictions before so this is probably totally wrong). I've seen people in other states making lists like this so I wanted to give it a try!

1. Northville (anyone else winning would be really far-fetched)
2. Grand Haven (I don't really know much about them, except that they're usually a really strong team and everyone else seems to think they'll get second :lol: )
3. Troy (they beat a bunch of other Michigan teams at invitationals and are usually really good)
4. Ann Arbor Pioneer (first place finish at University of Michigan invite!!! I know they're a really new team, but they seem really strong this year and I think they do have a shot at 2nd place. 2nd-4th will all be pretty close. )
5. IA Central (they only got 7th at University of Michigan)
6-8. Stevenson, FHC,DCDS (I don't know in what order)
I don't really know of any other teams that might be in the top 10 but I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting.

What do you all think? Super excited for MSU!!! :geek:
dcambrid
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by dcambrid »

misciencenerd wrote:After seeing everyone else's predictions (and having time to look at some results from competitions!) this is what I think will happen (I've never tried to make predictions before so this is probably totally wrong). I've seen people in other states making lists like this so I wanted to give it a try!

1. Northville (anyone else winning would be really far-fetched)
2. Grand Haven (I don't really know much about them, except that they're usually a really strong team and everyone else seems to think they'll get second :lol: )
3. Troy (they beat a bunch of other Michigan teams at invitationals and are usually really good)
4. Ann Arbor Pioneer (first place finish at University of Michigan invite!!! I know they're a really new team, but they seem really strong this year and I think they do have a shot at 2nd place. 2nd-4th will all be pretty close. )
5. IA Central (they only got 7th at University of Michigan)
6-8. Stevenson, FHC,DCDS (I don't know in what order)
I don't really know of any other teams that might be in the top 10 but I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting.

What do you all think? Super excited for MSU!!! :geek:
Do not read too much in IA Central being 7th at U Mich. They only brought one team and I do not believe it was their full stacked team.
MIScioly1

Post by MIScioly1 »

I’ll toss my predictions out there.

1. Northville
2. Grand Haven
3. Ann Arbor Pioneer
4. Troy
5. FHC
6. IA Central
7. Stevenson
8. Canton
9. Saline
10. DCDS

Didn’t spend a ton of time on these haha. I can say regarding IA Central that they lost 7 seniors last year, all of whom went on to some of the best universities in the country.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Executive Board
wolverine202

Post by wolverine202 »

Here's the link to the UMich invite recap video:

https://youtu.be/MekLK2eLwi0
HornetPower
Division: C

Post by HornetPower »

Don't sleep on us, Saline is coming for nationals. Third at UMSO, and 7 points behind pioneer at regionals. We are not far behind, we beat Canton, IA central, Stevenson, and Holt. All we need to do now is beat Northville, or Pioneer.
Name
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Name »

HornetPower wrote:Don't sleep on us, Saline is coming for nationals. Third at UMSO, and 7 points behind pioneer at regionals. We are not far behind, we beat Canton, IA central, Stevenson, and Holt. All we need to do now is beat Northville, or Pioneer.
Northville is a top national team so unlikely to beat them and you forgot about Grand Haven. But good luck though.
South Woods MS, Syosset HS '21
BirdSO TD/ES
Past Events: Microbe, Invasive, Matsci, Fermi, Astro, Code, Fossils
1st place MIT Codebusters 2019-2020
1st place NYS Fermi Questions (2019), Astronomy and Codebusters (2021)
Science Olympiad Founder's Scholarship winner
HornetPower

Post by HornetPower »

lmao lol XD
Last edited by HornetPower on April 25th, 2018, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornetPower

Post by HornetPower »

Name wrote:
HornetPower wrote:Don't sleep on us, Saline is coming for nationals. Third at UMSO, and 7 points behind pioneer at regionals. We are not far behind, we beat Canton, IA central, Stevenson, and Holt. All we need to do now is beat Northville, or Pioneer.
Northville is a top national team so unlikely to beat them and you forgot about Grand Haven. But good luck though.
We got this, we have been top 10 competitors consistently, but now we have our strongest team in years.
0ddrenaline

Post by 0ddrenaline »

I'm volunteering for Roller Coaster. My first time volunteering for the entire day. Have fun, all
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus

Post by John Richardsim »

Name wrote: Northville is a top national team so unlikely to beat them and you forgot about Grand Haven. But good luck though.
...and then you forgot about Troy....

Return to “2018 Regionals & States”