Michigan 2018

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 5th, 2018, 11:49 am

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
MIScioly1 wrote:West Ottawa Invitational Results (Div C):

1. Allendale Red (127)
2. Northridge Green (146)
3. Hamilton (168)
4. Portage Central Blue (171)
5. Plymouth Christian (189)
6. Hastings Blue (230)
7. WOSO Black (247)
8. Hastings Gold (260)

Full scoresheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1428753797

Would you be able to obtain B division results, or was that separately distributed?


I just found them all on the website, but forgot to post the Div B results. They are here: https://sites.google.com/westottawa.net ... vitational
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 10th, 2018, 8:40 pm

I've heard that Frankenmuth was cancelled - anyone have Ionia results?
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 17th, 2018, 4:59 pm

University of Michigan Invitational Results:
https://app.avogadro.ws/invitational/michigan-c/

We hope everyone had as much fun as we had running it! It was incredible to see everyone compete!
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 18th, 2018, 6:23 am

UM Invitational Results:

1. Ann Arbor Pioneer High School
2. Northville High School
3. Saline High School
4. Stevenson High School
5. Holt High School
6. Canton High School
7. International Academy - Central
8. Munster High School - Black
9. Forest Hills Central High School
10. Munster High School - White
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 24th, 2018, 2:28 pm

Allendale Results (C)

1. Forest Hills Central Green (96)
2. Ann Arbor Huron Gold (157)
3. Allendale Red (175)
4. Plymouth Christian (205)
5. Hamilton (208)
6. West Ottawa Black (238)

For comparison's sake, I superscored the results of the Region 12 teams that usually get in the top 6 at regionals:
1. Forest Hills Central (82)
2. WOSO (140)
3. Allendale (170)
4. Plymouth Christian (205)
5. Grand Rapids Christian (238)
Last edited by MIScioly1 on February 24th, 2018, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

User avatar
John Richardsim
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 684
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 10:54 am
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: R12
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby John Richardsim » February 24th, 2018, 4:35 pm

What I know from Allendale B:

1. Lakeshore
2. Baker
3. Allendale
4. Lakeshore
5.
6.
7. White Pines
"More like, 'Belongs in the Trash!'"

Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice

misciencenerd
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: February 4th, 2018, 7:44 pm
State: -
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby misciencenerd » February 25th, 2018, 5:40 pm

Does anyone have results from Regions 1 & 4?

User avatar
SHASO2018
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Prev: R15, currently R3
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby SHASO2018 » February 27th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Anyone know any information about Region 3's tournament? (I'm from one of the Region 15 teams that got relocated).

User avatar
John Richardsim
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 684
Joined: February 26th, 2014, 10:54 am
Division: Grad
State: MI
Location: R12
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby John Richardsim » February 27th, 2018, 6:06 pm

SHASO2018 wrote:Anyone know any information about Region 3's tournament? (I'm from one of the Region 15 teams that got relocated).

I don't know much about it other than the top two teams are usually Manistee HS and Manistee Catholic Central HS.

Do you know how many other schools are being moved to region 3 as well? The only ones moved to region 12 are WMC, Reeths-Puffer, and Ravenna.
"More like, 'Belongs in the Trash!'"

Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice

User avatar
SHASO2018
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Prev: R15, currently R3
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby SHASO2018 » February 27th, 2018, 6:23 pm

John Richardsim wrote:
SHASO2018 wrote:Anyone know any information about Region 3's tournament? (I'm from one of the Region 15 teams that got relocated).

I don't know much about it other than the top two teams are usually Manistee HS and Manistee Catholic Central HS.

Do you know how many other schools are being moved to region 3 as well? The only ones moved to region 12 are WMC, Reeths-Puffer, and Ravenna.


I don't know where Ithaca went, but that's another one to look out for (They're in Gratiot, so probably somewhere south, maybe Lansing area). We got a new coach this year, so things are pretty different and we don't get the same info that we have gotten before.
*Places 4th at States in Dynamic planet because she has a map of all of the seas*

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 27th, 2018, 6:45 pm

I don't know much about Region 3 either :(

I would assume that it is somewhat less competitive than Regions 12 and 11, though, based on state tournament results.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

User avatar
SHASO2018
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Prev: R15, currently R3
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby SHASO2018 » February 28th, 2018, 3:24 am

MIScioly1 wrote:I don't know much about Region 3 either :(

I would assume that it is somewhat less competitive than Regions 12 and 11, though, based on state tournament results.


I would agree, based on the fact that there's like 8 counties and only 1 B team and 2 C teams for states.
*Places 4th at States in Dynamic planet because she has a map of all of the seas*

meierfra
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 10:01 am
Division: C
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby meierfra » February 28th, 2018, 8:55 am

SHASO2018 wrote:I don't know where Ithaca went, but that's another one to look out for (They're in Gratiot, so probably somewhere south, maybe Lansing area). We got a new coach this year, so things are pretty different and we don't get the same info that we have gotten before.


Region 11 (the Lansing area) is getting Ionia, Portland, Greenville and Montebella. I don't know where Ithaca is going, maybe Region 4?

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » February 28th, 2018, 9:39 am

meierfra wrote:
SHASO2018 wrote:I don't know where Ithaca went, but that's another one to look out for (They're in Gratiot, so probably somewhere south, maybe Lansing area). We got a new coach this year, so things are pretty different and we don't get the same info that we have gotten before.


Region 11 (the Lansing area) is getting Ionia, Portland, Greenville and Montebella. I don't know where Ithaca is going, maybe Region 4?


There doesn't seem to be any updated info on Region 4. All I know is that Bay City Western won, based on their facebook page.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Test Evaluation Committee

User avatar
SHASO2018
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Prev: R15, currently R3
Contact:

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby SHASO2018 » March 1st, 2018, 12:29 pm

MIScioly1 wrote:
meierfra wrote:
SHASO2018 wrote:I don't know where Ithaca went, but that's another one to look out for (They're in Gratiot, so probably somewhere south, maybe Lansing area). We got a new coach this year, so things are pretty different and we don't get the same info that we have gotten before.


Region 11 (the Lansing area) is getting Ionia, Portland, Greenville and Montebella. I don't know where Ithaca is going, maybe Region 4?


There doesn't seem to be any updated info on Region 4. All I know is that Bay City Western won, based on their facebook page.


Division B
1st Place – St. Lorenz Lutheran Middle School*
2nd Place – Millington Middle School*
3rd Place – Handy Middle School
4th Place – Jefferson Middle School
5th Place – Au Gres-Sims Middle School

Division C
1st Place – Bay City Western High School*
2nd Place – H.H. Dow High School*
3rd Place – Au Gres–Sims High School
4th Place – Laker High School*
5th Place – Ithaca High School*
6th Place – Nouvel Catholic Central High School*

*Teams to advance to the State tournament

This is for Region 4

1. Looks like Ithaca went to the East, that's the only one that I recognize from Region 15
2. Has Region 4 always had this many advance? I didn't even know Nouvel had a team.
*Places 4th at States in Dynamic planet because she has a map of all of the seas*


Return to “2018 Regionals and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests