Michigan 2018

dcambrid
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: April 19th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby dcambrid » March 17th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Region 7 - State Qualifiers

1. Stevenson - 45
2. Eisenhower - 81
3. Warren Mott - 151
4. Marine City - 155
5. Marysville - 188
6. L'Anse Creuse High School - 189

0ddrenaline
Member
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: May 21st, 2015, 6:36 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby 0ddrenaline » March 17th, 2018, 7:59 pm

MIScioly1 wrote:Region 12 Results Div C (States Qualifiers):
[...]
8. West Michigan Aviation Academy (211)

I'm glad that they're going to States for their first time. First, they're a relatively new team. Second, I learned at an invitational that their coach recently passed away during the competition season. Going to States is a great triumph.

SOCoach
Member
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: January 16th, 2003, 6:08 am

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby SOCoach » March 18th, 2018, 9:12 am

Anyone hear how Region 9 turned out, B division?

0ddrenaline
Member
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: May 21st, 2015, 6:36 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby 0ddrenaline » March 18th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Region 12 Division B results (state qualifiers):
1. Lakeshore (62)
2. Allendale (134)
3. Chandler Woods (162)
4. White Pines (166)
5. Plymouth Christian (195)
6. Northern Hills (223)
7. East Grand Rapids (226)
8. Harbor Lights (243)
9. Macatawa Bay (275)
10. Riley Street (279)
11. Grandville (321)
12. Forest Hills Central (342)

Full Division B Results

User avatar
SHASO2018
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 3:59 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Most likely in my bed, maybe at school

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby SHASO2018 » March 19th, 2018, 4:44 am

Region 3 Results

Div B
1. Manistee Catholic Junior High
2. Gladwin Junior High

Div C
1. Manistee High School
2. Cadillac High School

Shelby HS was 3rd but did not advance to states
R.I.P Region 15
Idk-2018

Current Events: Dynamic Planet (1st at Reg), Forensics (1st at Reg), Sounds of Music (3rd at Reg somehow)
Previous Events: DP, Crime Busters, DD, Optics, Wind Power, Fast Facts, Rocks and Minerals, Game On, Experimental Design, Mission Possible (sorta) and kinda Thermo

dcambrid
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: April 19th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby dcambrid » March 19th, 2018, 5:48 pm

dcambrid wrote:Region 7 - State Qualifiers

1. Stevenson - 45
2. Eisenhower - 81
3. Warren Mott - 151
4. Marine City - 155
5. Marysville - 188
6. L'Anse Creuse High School - 189


Scoring Change:
Division C
1. Stevenson -41
2. Eisenhower - 81
3. Marine City -157
4. Warren Mott - 160
5. L'Anse Creuse High School - 176
6. Marysville - 183

Also here is Division B State Qualifiers:
1. Davis Jr. High - 112
2. Seneca Middle School - 121
3. Malow Jr. High - 155
4. Iroquois Middle School - 156
5. L'Anse Creuse Middle School East - 184
6. Marysville Middle School - 210
7. Marine City Middle School - 216

Notably absent from Division B Qualifiers is Heritage Jr. High who finished 9th (with only 9 kids on the team). Utica Schools took Heritage out of schools of choice a few years back so the kids who would have gone to Heritage are now mostly going to Davis Jr High.

dcambrid
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: April 19th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby dcambrid » March 20th, 2018, 5:29 am

dcambrid wrote:
dcambrid wrote:Region 7 - State Qualifiers

1. Stevenson - 45
2. Eisenhower - 81
3. Warren Mott - 151
4. Marine City - 155
5. Marysville - 188
6. L'Anse Creuse High School - 189


Scoring Change:
Division C
1. Stevenson -41
2. Eisenhower - 81
3. Marine City -157
4. Warren Mott - 160
5. L'Anse Creuse High School - 176
6. Marysville - 183

Also here is Division B State Qualifiers:
1. Davis Jr. High - 112
2. Seneca Middle School - 121
3. Malow Jr. High - 155
4. Iroquois Middle School - 156
5. L'Anse Creuse Middle School East - 184
6. Marysville Middle School - 210
7. Marine City Middle School - 216

Notably absent from Division B Qualifiers is Heritage Jr. High who finished 9th (with only 9 kids on the team). Utica Schools took Heritage out of schools of choice a few years back so the kids who would have gone to Heritage are now mostly going to Davis Jr High.


Event Results:

Div C
http://macombso.org/images/mssodocs/2018/2018DivisionCResults.pdf

Div B

http://macombso.org/images/mssodocs/2018/2018DivisionBResults.pdf

highbuilder
Member
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: February 9th, 2017, 3:17 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby highbuilder » March 24th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Region 8 Division C - State Qualifiers (Wayne & Monroe Counties)

1. Northville HS - 55
2. Canton HS - 69
3. Salem HS - 105
4. Plymouth HS - 172
5. Flat Rock Community HS - 189

jaguarhunter
Member
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: April 16th, 2016, 10:00 am
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby jaguarhunter » March 24th, 2018, 10:42 pm

The team scores for Region 8 on the distributed scoresheet seem to be incorrect, as the scores for the trial events were factored into the final tallies.

After eliminating trial events, Northville finished with 35 points, followed by Canton with 60.

misciencenerd
Member
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: February 4th, 2018, 7:44 pm
State: -

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby misciencenerd » April 1st, 2018, 7:14 am

Any predictions for state? :D
I'm betting Northville will take it all as usual, but second place could be anyone (Troy/Grand Haven/Pioneer?).

MIScioly1
Member
Member
Posts: 122
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 12:27 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby MIScioly1 » April 1st, 2018, 7:43 am

misciencenerd wrote:Any predictions for state? :D
I'm betting Northville will take it all as usual, but second place could be anyone (Troy/Grand Haven/Pioneer?).


My bets are on Northville 1st, GH 2nd.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Executive Board

Tesel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 161
Joined: January 30th, 2016, 8:03 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby Tesel » April 1st, 2018, 12:03 pm

Based on what I see now (which might be wrong) here is what I see States looking like:

The favorites for nationals bids:
Grand Haven, Northville
Could potentially place top 2:
AA Pioneer, IA Central, Troy
Could place higher than some of the above teams, unlikely to place top 2:
DCDS, Stevenson, FHC, Canton
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Div. C Event Lead

2018 MI Mission Possible State Champions

dcambrid
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: April 19th, 2016, 12:16 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby dcambrid » April 5th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Tesel wrote:Based on what I see now (which might be wrong) here is what I see States looking like:

The favorites for nationals bids:
Grand Haven, Northville
Could potentially place top 2:
AA Pioneer, IA Central, Troy
Could place higher than some of the above teams, unlikely to place top 2:
DCDS, Stevenson, FHC, Canton


I would tend to agree with you for the most part, except I would swap Grand Haven and Troy. Mostly because Troy (10th) was ahead of Grand Haven (13th) and IA Central (12th) at the Solon Invitational. Grand Haven is notorious for getting better between regionals and states though so who knows. I would also throw Saline into the last category.

strawberryy
Member
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: April 5th, 2018, 10:09 am
State: -

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby strawberryy » April 5th, 2018, 12:59 pm

what are the predictions for div b in states??????????? ;)

Tesel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 161
Joined: January 30th, 2016, 8:03 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Michigan 2018

Postby Tesel » April 5th, 2018, 3:41 pm

dcambrid wrote:
Tesel wrote:Based on what I see now (which might be wrong) here is what I see States looking like:

The favorites for nationals bids:
Grand Haven, Northville
Could potentially place top 2:
AA Pioneer, IA Central, Troy
Could place higher than some of the above teams, unlikely to place top 2:
DCDS, Stevenson, FHC, Canton


I would tend to agree with you for the most part, except I would swap Grand Haven and Troy. Mostly because Troy (10th) was ahead of Grand Haven (13th) and IA Central (12th) at the Solon Invitational. Grand Haven is notorious for getting better between regionals and states though so who knows. I would also throw Saline into the last category.


That was my thought with Grand Haven, that they did exceptionally well at regionals and still are likely to get better. I'd probably say that it's about a toss-up between GH and Troy, I just know more about GH. And you're correct, I was forgetting Saline. I'd guess based on past results that another Region 12 team will end up placing in the top 12, but no idea who it would be.
University of Michigan Science Olympiad Div. C Event Lead

2018 MI Mission Possible State Champions


Return to “2018 Regionals and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests